David Otunga Talks Changing His Character, 'The Call' Box Office And Reviews, Snitch, DMD
|By Raj Giri||March 17, 2013 | Comments|
- As noted earlier, WWE Studios latest release, The Call, performed a lot better than expected. It finished second at the weekend box office, earning $17.1 million. It is the most successful WWE Studios release ever, and it is star Halle Berry's third biggest non-X-Men opening.
- While the film is performing well at the box office, it has not been as well received with the critics. It is currently at a 41% on movie aggregator site RottenTomatoes.com. A 60% is considered good.
- On the flip side, Dead Man Down fell to #11 in its second week, bringing in $2 million to bring its total to $9.3 million.
- Snitch, starring WWE Champion The Rock, came in at #6 in its fourth weekend, bringing its total to $37.3 million.
- David Otunga, who has a role in The Call, was interviewed by The Chicago Tribune about the film. Otunga called acting "a dream," and said it was hard when filming ended. He also discussed initial plans for his character to be nicknamed "The A-List," playing on his relationship with Jennifer Hudson.
"It's one of those things they kept bringing up no matter how many times I said, 'Please don't mention (Hudson),'" Otunga said. "They kept doing it and it irritated me to the point that I changed my character. That's why I started a new character with a bow tie and coffee mug. I want to stand alone. I'm pretty successful in my own right. (Hudson) still comes up, but what can I do?"
You can check out the full interview at this link (subscription required).
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.