TNA Impact Results: Hardy Back In Title Hunt, Bully Explains In Detail & More, Sound Off
|By Kian Terani | March 21, 2013 | Comments|
- Angle talks to someone in the back about how important his match tonight is. He says it' s been a year and half since he was champion and he wants to take down Aces & 8's.
- Matt Morgan is introduced to the ring. Joseph Park makes his entrance.
Matt Morgan vs. Joseph Park
Morgan powers a reluctant Park to the mat. Morgan makes Park flinch and shoves him in the corner. Park shoves back and puts his dukes up. Morgan punches Park in the gut and he goes to the mat. Morgan continues with single shots as he calls out his moves. Morgan looks at the camera and mouths, "Are you watching this Hogan?"
Morgan thwarts a Park flurry and knocks him back down to the mat. Morgan hits a headbutt and rakes the face. Park avoids the Carbon Footprint and fights back with rights and lefts. Park finally takes Morgan off his feet and goes to the 2nd buckle but Morgan moves and Park hits the mat. Morgan hits the Carbon Footprint for the win.
Winner by pin: Matt Morgan
- Jeff Hardy tells the interviewer in the back that it would mean everything to him to get at Bully and get his title back.
- Mike Tenay is in the ring and he is fired-up about getting to the bottom of this. He introduces AJ Styles to the ring. AJ comes out looking dejected and like a long lost member of Aces & 8's. Tenay asks AJ what is going on and he just stares blankly ahead. Taz interrupts from ringside and tells Tenay to let a pro do it. Taz offers AJ to be a prospect for Aces & 8's and work his way up.
James Storm's music hits and he comes to the ring. Taz gets back on commentary and says he doesn't like being interrupted. Storm cuts a promo on AJ with AJ's back turned to him. Storm gets in front of him and says he is the same Cowboy James Stormhe's always been. AJ backs up and leaves the ring. Storm asks AJ what he's leaving for.
- Bully Ray brings us more storyline connections. Bully explains the wedding and that Devon didn't hit him with a cement pillar. Bully says he pulled off the biggest con in pro wrestling history.
#1 Contenders Four-Way Match: Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe
All four men go at it with 14 minutes until the top of the hour. Joe and Angle are left in the ring as Joe takes control. Hardy and Magnus mix it up on the floor. Angle falls to the floor and Magnus and Hardy take it to him. Joe dives onto all 3 men through the ropes as we go to break.
Hardy is MIA as the other 3 men go at it in the ring. Hardy gets on the apron and goes up top for a crossbody on Magnus. Magnus catches him and drives him to the mat. Magnus drops an elbow and gets 2. Angle and Joe go at it on the floor. Magnus kicks Joe through the ropes to keep him on the floor. The crowd starts to chant for Angle and Joe. Samoa Joe gets back in and takes Magnus' head off with a reverse elbow. Magnus turns it around and goes back to work on Hardy.
Hardy turns it around and hits a flurry on Magnus. Hardy hits Twist of Fate on all 3 men. Angle hits a belly to belly to Magnus and a German to Joe and applies the Ankle Lock. Joe kicks Angle off but Hardy hits the Swanton off the top onto Joe to steal the win.
Winner and #1 Contender: Jeff Hardy
Jeff Hardy stands tall as we go off the air.
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.