|By Kian Terani | March 23, 2013 | Comments|
- We open with the short graphic intro and go to crowd shots.
- The voice-over guy explains what a handicap match is as we see clips of The Great Khali and Primo & Epico.
- The Great Khali makes his entrance with Natalya. Brad Maddox is on commentary with Josh Mathews. Primo & Epico make their entrance with their new music and the lovely Rosa Mendes. Rosa's chest does not have an extra piece of cloth like last week and she is in a tight tank-top.
Handicap Match: The Great Khali vs. Primo & Epico
Maddox says he made the stip for this match as Primo & Epico and try and fail to double team Khali. They get him down but Khali fights back up with a chop and a big boot. Maddox says he goes back to 1998 with Mick Foley. Khali has Primo isolated in the ring as he hits him with off-camera chops in opposite corners. Primo cartoonishly (is that a word?) sells it. Maddox says one of the many exciting changes to this show is that it will now be called Saturday Mid-Afternoon Slam. Khali throws Primo over the top as Epico tries to flip the giant from under the ropes. Khali just sits down on him and gets the pin.
Winner by pin: The Great Khali
Khali and Natalya dance in the ring.
- Natalya pulls double duty after the break as she interviews the new General Manager Mick Foley. Foley is dressed like an upscale bouncer in a black shirt and grey sport coat. Foley compliments Natalya on her visit to Rwanda and Khali's win. Damien Sandow interrupts and says he was offended by being overlooked for GM by someone who is the embodiment of the unwashed masses. Miz interrupts with his "Really?" shtick. Miz says Foley is a legend and smart enough to make him the main character of his book.
Speaking of books, Foley asks Sandow if he's familiar with Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. Sandow nods his head as if to say, "Duh!" Foley says he is getting a sense that Miz and Sandow don't like each other so the sensible thing to do is to put them in a match today. Miz smiles, Sandow is disgusted, and they both leave. Natalya tells Mick she loves that book; Foley says he has never read it.
Instant Reaction: Not a bad little segment for a Saturday morning crowd. Obviously it gave Foley something to do as GM but he also got a chance to display his wit and personality to a younger generation who may be unfamiliar with him and have maybe only seen clips or heard his name mentioned. Miz was just there but Sandow was fantastic as always and his character is perfect for this show. At least they are trying to teach the kids about literature.
- This week's Saturday Morning Spotlight is The Miz. We see some highlights and he makes his entrance in the ring as we go to a break.
- Damien Sandow brings us a sophisticatedly worded PSA to not try this at home.
- Miz awaits Sandow in the ring as we return. Sandow silences the music and cuts a promo on Miz on his way to the ring. Sandow talks about Miz' movie and being the host of MizTV but he is a "Jack of all trades and master of none." Sandow says he is a true Renaissance man.
Damien Sandow vs. The Miz
Maddox continues to be oddly entertaining on commentary as Miz and Sandow lock-up to a stalemate. The crowd chants that Miz is awesome and Sandow tries to silence them. Miz "Wooo's" like Ric Flair as he keeps a crank on Sandow's arm even as he tries to roll through. They go back and forth and Sandow ducks a punch out of the ring as we go to a commercial.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
WWE Live Event Results From Ontario (8/1): Big Steel Cage Main Event, MizTV, Cesaro, Divas, More
WWE Live Event Results From Hidalgo (8/1): Seth Rollins Defends, Dana Brooke, Piper Salute, More
Rey Mysterio Talks Possible WWE Return, His Departure, Perro Aguayo, Vince McMahon, More
Ronda Rousey Brutally Knocks Out Bethe Correia, Thanks Rowdy Roddy Piper At UFC 190
WWE Star Takes Homeless Couple To Restaurant, Returns With Big Group Due To "Distant" Manager
Dana White Calls TNA Talent A Goofball Over "Fake" Comments, Bully Ray And Others Respond To White
Seth Rollins Fires Back At UFC President Dana White Over Wrestling Comments
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
WWE Officials Reportedly Want Tough Enough Competitor To Be Eliminated Next Tuesday
UFC 190: Rousey Vs. Correia Recap: Ronda Rousey Continues To Make History
Undertaker Rumor Killer, Early Brock Lesnar Vs. Undertaker Betting Odds, Mascot No-Sells Kevin Nash