Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Main Event Recap.
- The opener runs and we go to pyro and crowd shots. Michael Cole welcomes us to the show from Boston, MA. Tons of Funk make their entrance with The Funkadactyls. Kofi Kingston makes his entrance. JBL is on color with Cole. The Shield makes their way through the crowd. We see stills from their match at WrestleMania and footage of their confrontation of The Undertaker from RAW.
Tons of Funk & Kofi Kingston vs. The Shield
Back from a break as Dean Ambrose squares-off with Kofi. Kofi launches him to the floor and goes out to trade blows. Ambrose gets the advantage back in the ring and tags Seth Rollins. Kofi tags Brodus Clay who hits Rollins with a headbutt and tags Tensai for some tandem offense. Tensai hits Rollins with a splash in the corner and climbs to the 2nd buckle but Ambrose and Roman Reigns pull Rollins to safety from the floor.
Ambrose distracts Tensai from the apron as Rollins sneaks back in behind Tensai and takes control. Rollins hits a kick to the back of Tensai's head and they all get a go in the corner like a pack of wolves. Reigns tags in and roars before going to work on Tensai. Tensai fights out of the corner but Reigns hits him with a Samoan Drop and gets a 2 as we go to break.
Reigns is still in control of Tensai in the ring as we return. Brodus gets the crowd riled up with claps. Reigns tags Ambrose who tags Rollins and they hit consecutive running dropkicks on Tensai. Tensai catches Rollins and drops him. Tensai seems disoriented but he finds his corner and tags Kofi who springboards in with a flurry on Ambrose.
Kofi connects with the Boom Drop and a crossbody off the top but Ambrose kicks out. They have some back and forth and Ambrose gets the upper hand with a clothesline to the face of Kofi and tags Rollins. Rollins comes in off the top with a knee to Kofi; Reigns his Clay with a spear as Rollins covers Kofi for the win.
Winners by pin: The Shield
Reigns sends Kofi into the security wall on the outside and Rollins and Ambrose stomp Clay in the corner. Tensai tries to come to the rescue but he is beaten down. They lift Tensai and hit the triple powerbomb. The Shield turns their attention back to Clay and hit him with the triple powerbomb. The Shield stands tall in the ring as they touch fists in solidarity.
- Cole sends to footage of Dolph Ziggler cashing in his briefcase and winning the World Title. Cole tries to cover for a heel getting cheered by saying, "As usual everyone was on their feet cheering whenever anyone cashes in a Money in the Bank contract."
- We go to Matt Striker who is standing by with...Big E Langston comes into the shot. He says the champ has no time for this. "He is out doing media, eating steak dinners with his girlfriend, training, preparing to take over the world. But I'm here, you should interview me." Striker asks him what it was like debuting at WrestleMania.
Big E mocks him in his "white person voice" and says, "Gee Striker, it was a blast. It was like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Flag Day, Easter all rolled into one." Langston gets serious and says he remembers losing but also remembers the joy of winning his first match on RAW and he is about to have that same feeling right now. We go to break.
- Stills of WrestleMania are shown to the Victory instrumental from Puffy and The Notorious B.I.G. which is basically an interpolation of Going The Distance from the Rocky soundtrack.
Big E Langston vs. Zack Ryder
Big E starts off with a big back bodydrop and unloads on Ryder with strikes in the corner. Big E hits a belly-to-belly and a spear in the corner. Ryder gets his knee up and hits a missile dropkick that knocks Big E down but he rolls up onto his feet. Langston pulls down his straps and hits the Big Ending for the win.
Winner by pin: Big E Langston
- We see footage of Triple H's X-Ray session and are told that he will be on SmackDown on Friday.
- Back from a break as we are given an "update" on Rock's condition and see his tweet.
- Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter make their way to the ring. Zeb cuts a promo in the ring and talks about the Boston Tea Party and Bunker Hill. He asks the crowd if they are real Americans, why do they play a Canadian sport. They crowd boos as Boston Bruins Stanley Cup pennants are shown hanging high above. Zeb says Paul Revere was a turncoat.
Yoshi Tatsu's music hits and he comes to the ring. Zeb has the music cut off and can't believe this is Jack's opponent. He talks to Yoshi really slowly and asks his name and where he is from. He bets Yoshi had rice and fish heads for lunch. Zeb tells Yoshi it would be easier to get rice on a fork than the tips of two sticks. Zeb continues as Yoshi starts to look upset. Zeb says he is just trying to make a point and he is just kidding. He puts his hand out to Yoshi as the crowd boos.
Yoshi reluctantly shakes Zeb's hand. Zeb bows in respect and when Yoshi bows, Jack Swagger kicks him in the chest. The ref checks on Yoshi and makes sure he is ready to go.
Jack Swagger vs. Yoshi Tatsu
The bell rings and Swagger goes to work in the corner. Yoshi mounts some offense but Swagger quickly overtakes him and stomps him on the mat. Zeb approves from ringside with his hand on his heart as we go to commercial.
Swagger is in control on the mat as we return. Swagger hits a suplex for 2. Swagger continues to work Yoshi with rest holds as Zeb twirls his mustache from ringside. Yoshi has a small burst of offense. Yoshi goes up top and misses with a spin kick. Swagger splashes him off the 2nd buckle two times and screams at Yoshi to say, "We the People." Yoshi taps to the Patriot Lock.
Winner by submission: Jack Swagger
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.