WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap: Mick Foley's New Era, Daniel Bryan Vs. Mark Henry, And More
- The voice-over guy tells us that new Hall of Famer and SMS General Manager Mick Foley has declared a new era that begins today. First order of business is Justin Gabriel & Zack Ryder vs. Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal. They show a cool new match-up graphic that 'slams' the two opponent sides together. Sadly, the opening theme is still the same and still lame.
- Highlights of 3MB are shown as the narrator ponders if the third member of the group will be a factor in today's match.
- We go to the arena for 3MB's entrance. Josh Mathews welcomes us to the show on commentary. He is joined by Kofi Kingston. Kofi wonders what 3MB does. "Do they sing... do they dance?" Gabriel & Ryder come out to split entrances.
Justin Gabriel & Zack Ryder vs. Jinder Mahal & Drew McIntyre
Mahal hits a side Russian leg sweep on Ryder for the first decided advantage and tags Drew. Drew hits a snap suplex for a 2. Slater bangs on the announce table and it bothers Kofi. Josh says Slater wants Kofi to talk about 3MB. Kofi says he will when the opportunity presents itself. Ryder starts to recover but Slater distracts him from the floor. Drew rolls Ryder up and grabs the tights for the win.
Winners by pin: 3MB
3MB dispose of Ryder and Gabriel to the floor. Kofi has had enough and springboards with a crossbody on Mahal and Drew. Kofi tosses Slater over the top and is joined in the ring by Gabriel and Ryder. Mick Foley's music hits and he comes out in a suit and tie. Wow. Including the Hall of Fame, this is probably the 2nd time I have ever seen this.
Foley says that although the fans seemed to enjoy it, as the boss he can't have an announcer become physically involved and he says Kofi is "out of there." 3MB laughs and points at ringside. Foley says Kofi is now free to compete...next, against his opponent...Heath Slater. Jinder and Drew are banned from ringside. Foley plays the air-guitar to his music as 3MB are beside themselves.
Kofi Kingston vs. Heath Slater
Back from a break as the bell rings. Dolph Ziggler has joined Josh. Kofi controls the pace and takes Slater over into an armbar. Kofi plays air-guitar and monkey-flips Slater out of the corner. They go back and forth and Kofi hits a back elbow for 2. Slater kicks out of a sunset flip and kicks Kofi in the gut for 2. We go to a commercial.
- Kofi brings us this week's PSA.
- We're back as Kofi builds momentum with a flurry and hits the Boom Drop. They counter each other back and forth and Kofi hits the S.O.S. for the win.
Winner by pin: Kofi Kingston
- Mick Foley is in the corner of the locker room in a makeshift office complete with lava lamps. Like the good old days when he was RAW GM, except he was bald then and dressed like a truck driver. Anyway, Foley has his dress-shoed feet up on the desk (table) and is making notes on a pad, "...wax figures..." he says. He is interrupted by Daniel Bryan clearing his throat. Foley swings around and begins to say he has been expecting him but sees that it is Bryan.
Bryan wants to know what is up with being his assistant. Foley says it isn't the right time because he is waiting for a meeting to commence. Bryan starts to get upset and asks what could be more important. Mark Henry comes into the shot and Bryan screams, "No!" and says they were talking and he has to wait his turn. Foley gets stuck in his chair trying to get up to diffuse things; Mark Henry helps him up.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.