Quick tags by the challengers as they keep Hernandez away from his corner. Hernandez finally takes out both men and makes the hot tag to Chavo. Chavo speeds things up and hits a head scissors to Roode. He gets 1 out of 3 Amigos on Aries but Aries fights out. Roode gets involved but gets a spike DDT for 2 as Aries breaks the cover.
Hernandez clotheslines Aries to the floor. Kaz gets on the apron and distracts the ref as Aries pushes Chavo off the top and to the floor. Hernandez fights off the double team but Kaz distracts the ref again and Daniels gets involved behind his back. Hernandez thwarts that also. Chavo hits the Frogsplash on Roode for the win.
Winners by pin And Still TNA Tag Team Champions: Chavo & Hernandez
- Matt Morgan is found in the weight room and he says if Hogan goes out there with Bully, he is signing his death warrant. Morgan is on his way to the ring to give a solution to Hogan's problem. He says Hogan "may want to pay attention. Better yet, you're invited." We go to break.
- Footage is shown of The Hogan - Bully saga and Matt Morgan's comments throughout the weeks.
- We go to the ring as Matt Morgan makes his way to the ring. He cuts a promo about mistakes by Hulk Hogan. He says not naming him the #1 contender was a mistake because it made Aces & 8's stronger. Morgan talks about Sting not being seen in weeks and Hardy being on the shelf. The crowd chants for Hogan. Morgan says that is why he is here and he invites Hogan to, "come on down."
Hogan's music hits and he comes to the ring. The crowd is on fire with "Hogan" chants. Morgan says Hogan is out of horses in the race and when he faces Bully later, they will eat him up. He says the solution is, "7 foot, 330 pounds of the Blueprint Matt Morgan." He says nobody wants this opportunity more than him. He says nobody can eliminate Aces & 8's better. Morgan says he will Carbon Footprint Bully's head into the front row... for a smile price.
Matt wants Hogan to name him the #1 contender at Slammiversary. Hogan says a lot of what Morgan said is true but at the end of the day, he was hoping Morgan would finally be the second coming of the 'Mania. Hogan says Morgan is doing it for the wrong reasons so doing so would be a bigger mistake than Bully Ray was. Hogan says he knows TNA is in trouble but he is going to do this on his own. Hogan ends with: he never heard Andre the Giant come out here and whine like a little bit*h. Hogan storms out of the ring and Morgan is not happy.
- Velvet and Mickie stretching in the back as we go to break.
- Aces & 8's celebrate in the back and Bully Ray says, "that was the first 3D through a table in about 2 years." Bully Ray gets their word not to interfere in his confrontation with his father-in-law.
Knockouts Championship: Velvet Sky (c) vs. Mickie James
Mickie James is out first followed by our champion, Velvet Sky. ODB is the ref. They shake hands and lock up and the crowd is on fire. Mickie James gets about half a count before Velvet kicks out. The crowd is unusually loud. They must have not seen hot girls lately. Velvet hits a basement dropkick for 2. Velvet's leg buckles out of the corner and Mickie tries to capitalize for 2 near falls. Back from a break as Mickie works Velvet's leg on the mat. Velvet reverses but Mickie reverses back and Velvet reaches the ropes. ODB makes Mickie break the hold. As Keneley calls the match, Taz tells him he is going to stop Keneley right there because Taz is getting annoyed; that made me chuckle.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Today In Wrestling History 8/2: Ron Simmons Wins WCW Title, Famous 1996 G1 Climax Kicks Off
Roddy Piper On The Rock And Current Talent Showing Him Respect In One Of His Final Interviews
Update On New Gimmicks For Several WWE Talents
Daniel Bryan Talks Reaction To WWE Firing In 2010, If He Would Retire After Having A Child, More
More Dana White Backlash, CM Punk On Wrestling Being "Fake," Bully Ray Wants Apology, More
Former TNA Star Wants WrestleMania Moment; Talks His Faith, More
Tough Enough's Patrick And Mada Team Up In Indy Match (Video), Patrick Says He Equals Ratings
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
WWE Officials Reportedly Want Tough Enough Competitor To Be Eliminated Next Tuesday
WWE Star Takes Homeless Couple To Restaurant, Returns With Big Group Due To "Distant" Manager
UFC 190: Rousey Vs. Correia Recap: Ronda Rousey Continues To Make History