Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap.
- We go to the ring as Rosa Mendes leads out Primo & Epico. Wade Barrett is on commentary with Josh Mathews. Josh sends to last week's footage of Natalya making the challenge. Khali and Natalya make their entrance with Hornswoggle.
The Great Khali, Natalya, & Hornswoggle vs. Primo & Epico, & Rosa Mendes
Natalya gives Khali a kiss on the cheek before she locks up with Rosa. For some reason part of the strip video screen that wraps around the arena is blurred. All it says is the name of the show? Maybe it is a sign or a shirt but that is awfully far and high to be picked up by the camera. Rosa and Natalya mix it up very awkwardly and in "Big Show-like" slow motion. Natalya tries to apply the Sharpshooter but Rosa reaches the ropes and tags out. Primo comes in on his knees and asks for Hornswoggle; Natalya obliges him.
Still on his knees, Primo turns his back as Hornswoggle tags Khali. Primo turns around and comically sells fear as he sees Khali and falls back on his butt. Primo holds his hand out to tag Epico without even looking at him. Not feeling a tag, he turns and tries to force the tag but Epico drops to the floor to avoid it. They argue and Epico motivates Primo to charge at Khali which doesn't turn out so good for him. We go to break.
- Natalya brings us this week's PSA.
- We're back as Epico is in now and Khali lands a big chop to him in the corner. Epico ducks a big boot in the corner and Khali gets tied up. Epico takes the big man's legs out from under him and goes to work on them. Primo tags and springs in for 2. More quick tags and near-falls from Primo & Epico. Primo comes off the top but Khali moves and Primo kisses the mat. In a deja vu spot from last week, Hornswoggle grabs Rosa's ankle from the floor and gets chased by her around the ring as Natalya hops over him and tackles Rosa for a Sharpshooter.
Something happens but we cut to Josh and Wade. Khali clotheslines Epico out of the ring. Something else happens that is not shown. Khali hits the Punjabi Plunge onto Primo for the win.
Winners by pin: Khali, Natalya, and Hornswoggle
- We go to the parking area where Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes, both holding clipboards, are trying to attract an audience as they protest Mick Foley as the GM. Correction: they want him out of the Hall of Fame and two guys pass by but don't sign the petition. Rhodes says Foley doesn't belong alongside greats like his father. More people walk by. Brooklyn Brawler stops but waves them away and leaves. The Usos show up. They push the clipboard back in Cody's chest and say Foley is a legend. Sorry, but telling these guys apart from week to week is very difficult; just ask Michael Cole. The Usos mention Cody's mustache and say their uncles are also in the Hall of Fame and are proud to have Mick in there as well. They bicker as Foley shows up in his suit and Sandow says, "Silence!" Some comedy ensues and Sandow tells Foley to sign the petition. The thought of that is just hilarious to me and is part of what makes Sandow's character so enjoyable. Foley makes a match between the two teams, for next.
- Back from a break as we go this week's Saturday Morning Spotlight: The Usos.
- Cody and Sandow make their entrance and both cut a promo on the way down. They are upset about being in a match that they were unprepared for. The Usos make their full entrance.
The Usos vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
Sandow locks up with Uso. It's funny because Josh didn't know what to call him either. One of the brothers had started to gain some weight and it was easier to tell them apart for a while. It doesn't make it any better that their tattoos keep evolving. Sandow gets the best of Uso as he tries to rally back. He does so with some breakdancing moves and starts an "Uso" call and response with crowd.
OK so Jey is the one with the small tattoo on his chest and he is in the ring. Jey armdrags Sandow and Sandow escapes to the floor but Jimmy sends him back in. Sandow runs and tags Cody. Jimmy tags in and puts his hair across his lip to mock Cody's mustache. Jimmy tosses Cody to the floor and Sandow consoles him as we go to break.
Back to action in the ring as Jey hits an armdrag on Cody. Cody fakes an ankle injury and Sandow tosses Jey out of the ring from the apron, behind the ref's back. Sandow tags in and punishes Jey. Sandow drops the Elbow of Disdain and does a cartwheel. Jey avoids a big knee from Sandow and makes the tag to Jimmy who flies in with a crossbody to Cody, who is now also the legal man. Jimmy speeds things up and even takes Sandow off the mat but we do not see what he did, just Sandow lying on the floor.
Jimmy presumably hits the running Stinkface to Cody in the corner and gets 2. Jimmy comes off the top with a splash but comes up empty. Cody uses the opportunity to tag Sandow who comes in all cocky but Jimmy rolls him up in a small package for the win.
Winners by pin: The Usos
Sandow sells the loss as his face is frozen, with his eyes bulging, and his mouth hangs open in utter disbelief. The Usos celebrate on the ramp as Josh signs off. What happened to the narrator?
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.