WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap: Team Rhodes Scholars Vs. The Usos, 6-Person Tag, More
- We are welcomed to the show by our narrator and are told Mick Foley has made the challenge that Natalya made last week is official.
- We go to the ring as Rosa Mendes leads out Primo & Epico. Wade Barrett is on commentary with Josh Mathews. Josh sends to last week's footage of Natalya making the challenge. Khali and Natalya make their entrance with Hornswoggle.
The Great Khali, Natalya, & Hornswoggle vs. Primo & Epico, & Rosa Mendes
Natalya gives Khali a kiss on the cheek before she locks up with Rosa. For some reason part of the strip video screen that wraps around the arena is blurred. All it says is the name of the show? Maybe it is a sign or a shirt but that is awfully far and high to be picked up by the camera. Rosa and Natalya mix it up very awkwardly and in "Big Show-like" slow motion. Natalya tries to apply the Sharpshooter but Rosa reaches the ropes and tags out. Primo comes in on his knees and asks for Hornswoggle; Natalya obliges him.
Still on his knees, Primo turns his back as Hornswoggle tags Khali. Primo turns around and comically sells fear as he sees Khali and falls back on his butt. Primo holds his hand out to tag Epico without even looking at him. Not feeling a tag, he turns and tries to force the tag but Epico drops to the floor to avoid it. They argue and Epico motivates Primo to charge at Khali which doesn't turn out so good for him. We go to break.
- Natalya brings us this week's PSA.
- We're back as Epico is in now and Khali lands a big chop to him in the corner. Epico ducks a big boot in the corner and Khali gets tied up. Epico takes the big man's legs out from under him and goes to work on them. Primo tags and springs in for 2. More quick tags and near-falls from Primo & Epico. Primo comes off the top but Khali moves and Primo kisses the mat. In a deja vu spot from last week, Hornswoggle grabs Rosa's ankle from the floor and gets chased by her around the ring as Natalya hops over him and tackles Rosa for a Sharpshooter.
Something happens but we cut to Josh and Wade. Khali clotheslines Epico out of the ring. Something else happens that is not shown. Khali hits the Punjabi Plunge onto Primo for the win.
Winners by pin: Khali, Natalya, and Hornswoggle
- We go to the parking area where Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes, both holding clipboards, are trying to attract an audience as they protest Mick Foley as the GM. Correction: they want him out of the Hall of Fame and two guys pass by but don't sign the petition. Rhodes says Foley doesn't belong alongside greats like his father. More people walk by. Brooklyn Brawler stops but waves them away and leaves. The Usos show up. They push the clipboard back in Cody's chest and say Foley is a legend. Sorry, but telling these guys apart from week to week is very difficult; just ask Michael Cole. The Usos mention Cody's mustache and say their uncles are also in the Hall of Fame and are proud to have Mick in there as well. They bicker as Foley shows up in his suit and Sandow says, "Silence!" Some comedy ensues and Sandow tells Foley to sign the petition. The thought of that is just hilarious to me and is part of what makes Sandow's character so enjoyable. Foley makes a match between the two teams, for next.
- Back from a break as we go this week's Saturday Morning Spotlight: The Usos.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.