Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap.
- Our narrator welcomes us and says that General Manager Mick Foley will make history today. Randy Orton & Sheamus will face the Prime Time Players from the UK and Foley has another match on the agenda.
- Earlier Today: Mr. Socko pops up into view followed by the Cobra to its left like a Sesame Street skit. The camera pulls back revealing Santino and Mick Foley. Santino puts Foley over as the GM and says The Cobra thinks Socko is doing an excellent job as 2nd in command. Foley answers as Socko. Santino thinks Socko and Cobra should team against 3MB. Foley says, "That'll make them change their tune," and cracks-up at his amusing pun.
Jinder Mahal enters the shot and says they should leave the entertaining to legends like 3MB. Santino quips back that the only legend is that 3MB can sing. Mahal says they are just waiting to rock everybody's socks off. Foley says his sock is still on. Foley says since Jinder has time on his hands until his album drops--wink, wink--then he can face... Santino. Foley says Jinder is a solo act today and that the rest of 3MB is barred from ringside. Santino and Foley have fun with more jokes as Jinder stomps-off.
- Josh Mathews welcomes us to the show as we go to the arena. We hear Alicia Fox on commentary. Santino makes his entrance on a Boris bicycle. Jinder Mahal is out next and he knocks the bike over at ringside.
Jinder Mahal vs. Santino
The bell rings and Santino is mad about his bike. He powers-up like The Ultimate Warrior and charges head-first into Jinder and they lock up. Santino takes him down in an armdrag and then Jinder steps aside as Santino does his running-the-ropes spot. Jinder grounds him with a shoulder and hits s side Russian Leg Sweep as the fans cheer for Santino. Jinder drops an elbow and puts on an abdominal stretch. Santino continues to suffer punishment to his abs and comically calls for a time-out as we go to a commercial.
We're back as Mahal is rolled up out of nowhere for a 2 in the center of the ring. Santino does a kip-up and unloads with strikes and an armdrag followed by a diving headbutt. Santino pulls out the Cobra and connects for the win.
Winner by pin: Santino
Santino leaves up the ramp on his Boris Bike.
- We cut to a poster of Dude Love on the wall and pull back to Foley singing the Dude's theme song. Mick is approached by Sheamus and they shoot the breeze and then break into song: an awful rendition of Johnny Cash's Danny Boy. The camera pans over to reveal Randy Orton with his arms crossed, shaking his head. Sheamus leaves, embarrassed.
- This week's Saturday Morning Spotlight is on Sheamus and Randy Orton. A highlight package is shown of the two Superstars.
- We go to the ring for The Viper's entrance followed by Sheamus. The Prime Time Players are out next.
The Prime Time Players vs. Sheamus & Randy Orton
Titus O'Neil locks horns with Orton and Orton takes early control. Orton sends Titus into Sheamus who leaps over the top from the apron with a shoulderblock. Young tags in and Sheamus slams him for 2. Orton and Sheamus hit some double teaming on Darren; Orton gets 2. Titus blows his whistle on the apron as Orton give him a hairy eyeball and we go to break.
- The Celtic Warrior brings us this week's PSA to not try this at home.
- We're back to an extended shot of the beautiful Alicia Fox and also Josh Mathews. Titus gets a 2 count on Orton. Josh sends to a replay of what we missed during the commercial but we only see Josh and Alicia watching the replay on their monitors. Orton creates some space between himself and Titus but Young tags in and drags Orton back to their corner. Darren hits Orton with slow off-screen strikes and tags Titus back in.
Orton avoids a running charge from Titus in the corner and makes the hot-tag to Sheamus who speeds things up against Darren and takes his head off with a flurry. Sheamus hits White Noise on Young and also takes care of Titus to the floor. Orton coils up and hits the RKO on Darren Young for the win.
Winners by pin: Randy Orton & Sheamus
Randy Orton poses on the ropes and Josh says, "Cheerio," as he signs off from London.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.