- SmackDown kicks-off with a video about the World Title situation and Ziggler's concussion. Also what will happen when Orton and Big Show are in the same ring on MizTV?
- We go right to Miz in the ring for MizTV. My DVR said it would be The Highlight Reel. Miz hypes Extreme Rules and introduces Randy Orton. Miz brings out The Big Show and talks about Orton and Show's match at the PPV. He sends to footage from last week of Show KO-ing Tensai and getting RKO'd by Orton. Show says the only reason he got the RKO was because it was from behind. Big Show says at Extreme Rules it will not be an RKO, it will be a TKO.
Orton says there is no way Show will beat him in his hometown, in front of his family. Randy says the only thing people will remember is how The Viper struck down the giant. Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger interrupt as Zeb cuts a promo on his way down the ramp. He says people will remember Swagger on Sunday. Alberto Del Rio's music hits to cheers. Del Rio cuts a promo on Zeb on his way down with Ricardo. He tells Zeb to shut up and says he will make Swagger say, "I quit" on Sunday.
Mark Henry's music hits and he gets the "WHAT" treatment as he cuts a promo on about his match with Sheamus. Henry enters the ring and says people will remember that he is the strongest man in the world. Sheamus is out next and you know the drill. He says he will leave Henry's carcass bruised on Sunday. He doesn't want to wait and he charges the ring with a strap and clears the ring of the heels. The faces stand tall in the ring with Sheamus' music playing as we go to commercial.
- We're back to a replay of moments ago. Teddy Long's music hits and he comes on the stage. He says what he just saw got him ready for Extreme Rules. He makes a match: Big Show, Swagger, and Henry vs. Del Rio, Orton, and Sheamus in a 6-Man Tag.
- Michael Cole, Josh Mathews, and JBL discuss things as The Shield's music hits and they enter through the stands. The Usos make their full entrance.
Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. The Usos
Jimmy and Seth mix it up to start us off with some back and forth. Reigns tags himself in and hits a big clothesline to Jimmy Uso. Jimmy gets two big boots up in the corner and hits the Running Stinkface to Roman in the corner. Jey comes in to take care of Rollins to the floor. Reigns hits a spear to Jimmy for the win.
Winners by pin: The Shield
The Hounds of Justice begin to stomp Jimmy Uso in the ring but Kofi Kingston comes out to the rescue and when they overpower him, Kofi grabs a chair from ringside and runs The Shield back over the security wall.
- Back from a break as Teddy Long welcomes The Miz back to SmackDown. Damien Sandow interrupts and proposes: The Damien Sandow Show. Miz shows his "vomit face." Teddy says first Sandow has to prove himself and face Miz. Miz shows his happy face.
Tons of Funk vs. The Prime Players
We return as the bell rings and Tons of Funk make Darren Young roll to the floor to regroup their "onslaught." Titus O'Neil flies off the apron onto Tensai on the floor and Darren takes the advantage back in the ring. Titus tags in and continues to take it to Tensai. Titus charges in, and Tensai (I refuse to call him Sweet T) sidesteps him and tags Brodus. Darren also comes in and Brodus just runs over him and hits a slam but Titus breaks the count.
Titus gets kicked in his face by Tensai and he rolls to the floor. Tons of Funk pancake Darren and drop a double splash for the win.
Winners by pin: Tons of Funk
Tons of Funk dance in the ring with The Funkadactyls. Back to commercial.
- We're back to footage of the dance-off from RAW.
- Jericho's pyro goes off in the arena and he comes to the ring. Antonio Cesaro is introduced.
Chris Jericho vs. Antonio Cesaro
The two men lock-up go to a stalemate. Jericho livens up the dead crowd and we see Summer Rae and Fandango faking another injury and then laughing about it on the WWE App. Cesaro sends Jericho into the corner but Jericho gets his boots up and goes on a flurry. They counter suplex attempts on the apron. Jericho hits a springboard dropkick which sends Cesaro to the floor. Cole encourages us to stay tuned to the WWE App as the action continues. I hope Raj doesn't make me start covering that too, I need my bathroom breaks:)
We're back as Jericho gets up from a headlock and almost wins with a backslide. Antonio Cesaro goes back to a headlock on the mat. Jericho escapes and hits a series of shoulderblocks and hits a double axe off the top. Jericho goes for the Lionsault but Cesaro gets his knees up and double-foot-stomps on Jericho. More back and forth.
Cesaro hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for 2. Cesaro goes back to the sleeper/headlock. Cesaro adjusts his neck but Jericho goes for the Walls Of Jericho and Cesaro's powerful legs save him. Jericho goes up top and Cesaro catches him with an uppercut in mid-air but amazingly only gets 2. Cesaro deadlifts Jericho into a gutwrench but Jericho maneuvers into the Walls and Cesaro taps.
Winner by submission: Chris Jericho
Fandango's music hits and Summer Rae comes on the stage. Fandango sneaks up from behind but Jericho had him scouted and Fandango retreats. Jericho hits the Codebreaker to Cesaro in the ring.
- Our announcers narrate footage of Big E vs. Swagger from RAW.
- We go to another one of Zeb Colter's videos/promos. He talks about what "extreme" really is. He talks about the current IRS scandal and Benghazi. Zeb says Del Rio will never be "one of us." Swagger delivers his line.
- Back from a break with Cody Rhodes on commentary. Damien Sandow is in the ring. The Miz makes his entrance.
The Miz vs. Damien Sandow
Miz takes control with a side headlock. Cole asks Cody if the facial hair has anything to do with his friendship with Sandow. Cody says they are just friends. Cole says the "Love Fest continues." Cole says he meant it as in JBL backing Cody up and not Cody's relationship with Sandow and there is a genuine misunderstanding between all of them and Cole nervously explains so as not to come across as anti-gay. I wonder what they were thinking in gorilla. My, how the world has changed.
Sandow hits a big knee lift to Miz on the apron and takes control with stomps. Cody suddenly is heard dropping his headset and he grabs a mic and tells the audience to stand up and show some respect to Damien Sandow. Sandow hits a beautiful suplex and a knee to the jaw for 2. Sandow hits a drop toe-hold to Miz to the bottom rope and unloads with knees to the gut. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain but Miz kicks out.
Miz goes into a flurry and hits his running clothesline in the corner. Miz goes for the figure-4 but Cody tries to interfere and Miz takes care of him. Miz gets the figure-4 for the win.
Winner by submission: The Miz
- We're back from a break. Aksana is in the ring and Kaitlyn enters. We see footage of Kaitlyn getting flowers from her secret admirer.
Kaitlyn vs. Aksana
They go back and forth and Kaitlyn hits a spear for the win in about 2 minutes.
- We go to the ring for our 6-Man Tag. Ricardo introduces Del Rio. Sheamus comes out followed by Orton. We go to a trailer for 12 Rounds II.
Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, & Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger, The Big Show, & Mark Henry
We return from a break as the heels have all entered. Del Rio squares off with Swagger and hits kicks in the corner. Orton tags in and stomps on Swagger's hand and hits mounted shots in the corner. Swagger hits a spear on Orton's leg and takes over shortly but Orton recovers and tags Del Rio who resumes offense. Del Rio dives through the ropes and onto Swagger.
Swagger runs up the ropes and brings Del Rio down the hard way. Big Show tags in and throws Del Rio around some and tags Swagger back in who quickly tags Henry in. The quick tags continue and Show hits a slam to Del Rio as we go to a commercial.
Show drags Del Rio by his leg to prevent a tag as we return to action. Del Rio counters out of a powerbomb with a head scissors and makes the tag to Sheamus who speeds things up with signature flurry. Sheamus counters a chokeslam and hits White Noise. Sheamus clocks Mark Henry on the apron; Show counters the Brogue Kick and hits a chokeslam for 2.
Swagger tags in and drops elbows on Sheamus. Swagger slams him and drops a leg for 2. Sheamus fights back and hits a rolling senton. Swagger tags Henry who takes it to Sheamus with power strikes. Show tags in slow the pace even further. Swagger's back in now with knees in the corner and the Swagger Bomb off the 2nd buckle for 2.
Sheamus brings Swagger down off top and tags Orton to cheers who builds a flurry. Henry comes in and takes out Orton. Sheamus and Show fight to the floor. Del Rio hits a leaping Enzuigiri to Henry on the apron. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick to Show on the floor. It's chaos. Del Rio misses with an Enzuigiri to Swagger; Swagger goes for the Patriot Lock; Orton hits the RKO to Swagger for the win.
Winners by pin: Orton, Sheamus, & Del Rio
Our faces stand tall in the ring as Cole makes the final hard sell for Extreme Rules this Sunday.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.