- The 2013 WWE Extreme Rules pre-show kicks off from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. Renee Young welcomes us as fans file into the arena. Renee is at a desk with Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett, Titus O'Neil and Mick Foley. Barrett says he's most looking forward to Randy Orton vs. Big Show and talks about their match. Titus talks about the Sheamus vs. Mark Henry Strap Match. Foley says he's most looking forward to John Cena vs. Ryback.
- We get a promo video for Cena vs. Ryback.
- Renee and the Superstars talk more about Cena vs. Ryback. Foley says Cena has proved nobody is stronger than him but Foley wonders if Cena can win with the injury. Renee plugs an Extreme Rules poll on WWE's Facebook page tonight. This is where WWE's stream freezes up.
- The stream picks up on WWE's website and they are talking about the Dean Ambrose vs. Kofi Kingston match but they're experiencing some major technical difficulties. We come back and see the steel cage hanging above the ring. Renee talks about Triple H vs Brock Lesnar and we cut to a promo video.
The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes
They go at it and Miz takes control early on. It's hard to follow the action with these feed problems. Cody turns it around and drops Miz on his face for a 2 count. Cody with more offense and another pin attempt. Cody with stomps to the gut. Cody takes Miz back down with a knee to the gut. Cody with a submission now. Miz turns it around but gets taken back to the mat. Miz fights out and rolls Cody up. Cody comes right back with a clothesline. Cody with a 2 count. Cody with a body scissors on the mat.
Miz starts making a comeback. He charges and misses int he corner but ends up rolling Cody for a 1 count. Miz hits the backbreaker but Cody blocks the neckbreaker. Miz counters that with kicks to the heads. Cody blocks the Figure Four. Another Cross Rhodes blocked by Miz. Cody with a boot to the face. Cody comes off the corner but Miz catches him in the Figure Four. Cody taps to end the match.
Winner: The Miz
- We get a look back at Brock Lesnar beating up John Cena at last year's Extreme Rules. - We go back to Renee, Barrett, Titus and Foley. Foley says he's anticipating huge moments tonight. We see Michael Cole making his way out for commentary. Titus predicts some title changes tonight. JBL is shown coming out for commentary next and the crowd pops big for him. Barrett says tonight will be a "hospital night" as Jerry Lawler comes out for commentary to another big pop. Foley puts over the Lesnar vs. Triple H match. Renee tells us how to watch the pay-per-view and plugs the post-show. That's it for the pre-show.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.