- Ric Flair will be appearing at the American Wrestling Federation's Wrestle-Jam event at The Colonnade Center in Ringgold, GA on Thursday, May 30th. There had been some rumors floating online that Flair would be wrestling at the show, which Flair squashed. He wrote on his Twitter: "I am planning to go to the show in Ringgold May 30th, but I'm just signing autographs, NOT wrestling. Not sure how that rumor got started."
- World Wrestling League announced that ex-WWE and current WWC-PR talent, Carlito Caribbean Cool, will take part in their upcoming shows scheduled for early August in Texas. Other names that have been announced for what is being billed as the "WWL: Dream Matches Tour" are John Morrison, Bobby Lashley, Blue Demon Jr and the legendary WWE Hall of Famer Mil Mascaras. The tour dates are:
* July 7th @ Monterrey, Nuevo León, México (with AAA-Mexico & Zero-1 Mexico)
* August 2nd @ Eagle Pass, Texas
* August 4th @ San Antonio, Texas
* October 26th @ Bayamon, PR
More dates are expected to be announced for California (with PWR), Chicago, Pennsylvania and New York, as well as dates and locations for their Central and South American tour.
- IZW is helping raise money for the victims affected by the tornadoes in Oklahoma this past week. They issued the following press release:
On May 20, 2013 the State of Oklahoma was devastated by tornadoes, but the City of Moore was hit especially hard. We at Impact Zone Wrestling would like to express our deepest condolences to the many lives affected that will never be the same, and the many lives that were taken, but will not be forgotten.
Impact Zone Wrestling would like to begin making a positive impact on this tragedy, so that is why we are declaring the entire month of June to be Moore Recovery Month. All revenue from EVERY show during the month of June will be donated to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief effort in Moore, Ok. In addition to all revenue from ticket sales, concession sales, and merchandise sales; all IZW performers will be donating their pay for each show.
Impact Zone Wrestling has set a goal of $10,000 dollars raised for the month of June. A goal we know our great fans and community will help us exceed. Since Oklahomans are known for our strong sense of community and brotherhood in times of need, we at IZW will deliver our best efforts as part of that community.
Join IZW in making an IMPACT, and helping The American Red Cross to make Moore, OK stronger than ever!