- We go to the ring for Sam Shaw's entrance. We go to footage of his Gut Check win last year. Alex Silva's music is interrupted by the Aces & 8's music. Wes Brisco leads DOC and Garett Bischoff out and he cuts a promo about how he deserves to be in this Gut Check tournament. He says he left Silva bloody and beaten in the parking lot.
The Aces & 8's trio get in the ring and maul Shaw. Magnus' music hits and he clears the ring of the brotherhood. Magnus grabs a mic and says all they want to do is "gang attack" people. He says Brisco doesn't deserve to be in the tournament but he gets a match with him (Magnus), right now.
Magnus vs. Wes Brisco
Wes gets in the ring and Magnus pounds him into the canvas. Back from a break to our impromptu battle. Wes has taken over on Magnus throughout the commercial. Magnus creates distance and fires back. Magus catches Wes off the top and slams him with a suplex. Magnus goes up top and DOC and Garett interfere as the ref rings the bell. Magnus starts to get taken apart but Samoa Joe comes to the rescue and clears the ring. The finish isn't announced.
- Back from a commercial to a Hall of Fame video. Who will be the next inductee? Find out at Slammiversary on June 7.
- Aces & 8's talk in the back over beers. They can't believe Bully still loves Brooke. Bully says he doesn't want to talk about personal things. They switch gears to AJ Styles and Bully says AJ won't let them down; he looks over at D-Lo Brown.
- We go to footage of Kurt Angle at USA vs. Iran vs. Russia in New York City. Angle talks to media outlets about wrestling being dropped from the games.
- Kurt Angle is introduced by Christy Hemme and she gets tripped up when announcing where he hails from. Kurt does not put his crotch in her face. Mr. Anderson is introduced as we go to another commercial.
- AJ arrives on his motorcycle in the back.
Kurt Angle vs. Anderson
We join the match as Angle takes Anderson over in a headlock. They reset and Anderson takes over with strikes in the corner. Angle reverses and goes on the offensive. Angle stomps Anderson in the corner. Kurt hits a nice snap suplex for 2. Anderson moves in the corner and Angle gets hung up on the ropes. Anderson takes advantage by grinding his boot in Kurt's face and then he sends him in for 2.
Anderson starts to work the left arm of Angle and covers him for 2. Anderson stops an Angle comeback and hits a clothesline for 2. Back to the left arm with an armbar. Angle creates some space and hits a missile dropkick off the ropes but he is unable to capitalize. Angle catches Anderson in a belly-to-belly for 2. They go back and forth with quick counters and Anderson gets 2.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
HBK - Johnny Gargano "Ab Off" Video, Ember Moon Talks WWE NXT Takeover Win (Video), Next Tapings
Drew McIntyre Talks Injury During WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" Loss And What's Next (Video)
Triple H On Andrade Almas' Win (Photo), Lars Sullivan Sends A Message (Video), Stars At Takeover
WarGames Returns At WWE NXT (Photos, Videos)
Top WWE NXT Superstar Injured At Takeover
Triple H On Ember Moon (Photo), Next WWE NXT Takeover Event (Video), NXT TV Matches Taped
Big Title Change At WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" (Photos, Video)
WINC Podcast (11/18): NXT TakeOver: WarGames Review, Drew McIntyre Gets Injured, David Otunga
AJ Styles Hints At His WWE Run Ending In A Couple Of Years
WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" Results - Huge Main Event, Two New Champions Crowned, Lars Sullivan
Steve Austin Talks Quitting WWE Over Brock Lesnar Match, Who Was Responsible For Him Returning
Triple H On If He Wants A Match With Kurt Angle, How Angle Was Cleared So Quickly Before WWE TLC
Final Women's WWE Survivor Series Member Announced
Former WWE Star's Gimmick Becomes Reality (Video), RAW Invading SD! Unseen Footage, Hardys & Bayley
Ric Flair Suing Former Manager, Update On "Broken Matt Hardy" Trademark, Best Survivor Series Teams
Domestic Battery Case Opened Over David Otunga - Jennifer Hudson Incident This Week