- The Miz is in the ring for MizTV. Miz says he will host MizTV and win the Intercontinental Title afterward. He introduces Fandango who comes out with Summer Rae. Summer demands a mic and hands it to Fandango. He stops Miz and pronounces his name properly. Miz gives him the "Really?" treatment and sends to video from RAW of Fandango hightailing it. Miz calls Fandango a bag of Skittles dancing. Wade Barrett interrupts.
Wade threatens Fandango and Fandango is only concerned with correcting his name. Miz reminds Wade that he has to face him for the Intercontinental Title later. Wade reminds Miz with a punch to the face and they scrap on the mat as the ref tries to break them up.
WWE Intercontinental Title: Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
Back from a break with Fandango on commentary. Barrett slowly works Miz over in the ring. Miz fires back with a series of knees and a kick to the face. Fandango asks for his music to be hit and it plays magically as he dances at ringside with Summer. Barrett hits Winds of Change but Miz kicks out. Fandango continues to dance as Miz rolls Wade up for 2. Miz kicks Fandango through the ropes and lays him out. Fandango kicks Miz in the head from the floor as the bell rings.
Fandango and Barrett take turns on Miz. Barrett measures Fandango and hits the Bullhammer. Both Miz and Fandango are laid out as Wade asks for his title and leaves. Summer is distraught as she checks on Fandango. The finish is not announced.
- Daniel Bryan is frustrated in the back as he whispers to himself. Kane approaches him and says they lost but they are still a team. Bryan thinks he is implying that it was his fault. Bryan demands that he is not the weak link and storms off. Kane sighs as we go to commercial.
- We're back as Bryan gets introduced and he protests that he is not the weak link as he "No's" his way to the ring. Kane is in tow and Swagger and Zeb are already in the ring.
Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger
Bryan goes at Swagger with ferocity. Bryan takes it to the floor and then hits a missile dropkick in the ring for 2. Swagger hits a clothesline to turn things around. Swagger hangs Bryan upside down in the corner and stomps away. Bryan is hurt on the mat with Swagger stalking as we take a break.
We're back to action with Swagger still in firm control. Bryan goes on a flurry and hits kicks in the corner, to the delight of the fans. They counter submissions and more back and forth. Bryan hits a big kick to the face and seems to snap. Bryan starts to stomp Swagger in the face and puts on the No Lock. Swagger tries to reach the ropes but taps.
Winner by submission: Daniel Bryan
Kane has to help the ref get Bryan off of Swagger. Bryan has a wild look in his eyes and attacks Swagger again with the No Lock. Kane gets him off again and Bryan angrily leaves while chanting, "Yes!"
- We see footage of Cena's injury at Extreme Rules. Cole tells us that Dr. Sampson has said that Cena is "banged up" and will be at RAW on Monday.
- Ryback's promo and challenge to Cena is shown from Monday. We see the graphic and the Ambulance Match is official for Payback.
- Damien Sandow is in the ring dressed in a suit. He cuts a promo about recent troglodyte contests that appeal to the lowest common denominator. He is referring to the strength Tests that Sheamus and Mark Henry have been involved in. Sandow has a rope in a knot on a table and begins telling the proverb of the Gordian Knot. He has Matt Striker, a former educator, to untie the knot.
Striker is unable to untangle the big mess of a rope. Sandow says Striker has just renewed his idiot license. Cole and JBL giggle and have a good old time on commentary. Sheamus' music interrupts to cheers from the apathetic crowd. Sheamus tells Sandow to get a girlfriend and a social life. Sheamus wants a chance to solve the riddle of the knot. Sheamus tries to undo the knot but Sandow impatiently takes the rope and says, "Allow me."
Sandow pulls out bolt cutters and slices the rope free. Sandow raises the rope overhead like a title belt and says, "You're welcome." Sheamus goes for a Brogue Kick but Sandow ducks out of the ring. Sandow says he knew Sheamus would resort to brute force to battle Sandow's mental prowess. Sheamus says he wants to teach something about Newton's Law. He throws Striker through the ropes into Sandow and says, "Gravity: What goes up, must come down."
Chris Jericho vs. The Big Show
Jericho tries to knock down the giant right off the bat but Show overpowers him. Cole and JBL talk about Johnny Depp and other unrelated things. Show applies a big bearhug but Jericho escapes and takes Show's leg out with a dropkick. Show eats some kicks from his knees but he hits a spear that almost breaks Jericho in two. Jericho creates some space and comes off the top but Show swats him like a fly. Show misses with an elbow off the 2nd buckle and Jericho hits a Lionsault to his back for 2.
Back and forth with counters; Jericho hits a DDT for 2. Jericho tries to get the Walls of Jericho but Show's legs are too big. Show gets up and chokeslams Jericho out of the ring. Jericho reverses and sends Show into the steel post. Jericho hits the Codebreaker on the floor and Big Show falls into the timekeeper's area. Show doesn't make it back in.
Winner by count out: Chris Jericho
Show angrily grabs a chair but Jericho turns the tables (no pun intended). Big Show retreats up the ramp as Jericho stands triumphant in the ring with the steel chair.
- We're back to shots of a bunch of people at ringside sipping on Sonic shakes.
- The RAW Rebound is shown featuring Curtis Axel and Triple H.
- Curtis Axel's music hits and he makes his way to the ring with Paul Heyman. Mr. Perfect had one of my favorite themes of all time and it's going to be nice to start hearing those notes again every week. I am also elated that this is the last time I will ever have to type "McGillicutty" again.
Paul Heyman cuts a promo in the ring with only the blue SmackDown spotlights lit. He puts over his record of making stars and puts Axel over. Heyman hands the mic to Axel to speak for himself. Axel says he did more in one night than his father and grandfather did in their entire careers. He wants to let the record show that he won against Triple H on Monday. Heyman applauds like a brown noser. Axel says that was only the beginning of building the brand of Curtis Axel. He is in action next.
Curtis Axel vs. Sin Cara
Sin Cara is at the end of his entrance sequence as we return to the show. The lights go yellow and here we go. Axel slams Cara on the mat and talks trash. Axel slaps Cara around on the mat, in the back of the head. Cara tries to get his flying game going but Axel keeps him grounded. Axel assaults Cara in the corner. Paul Heyman approves with a permanent evil grin at ringside. Cara misses from up top and Axel hits his signature modified swinging neckbreaker for the win.
Winner by pin: Curtis Axel
- Kofi Kingston is introduced after a break for our U.S. Title contest. The Shield enters through the stands. Reigns and Rollins turn around and head back halfway down.
U.S. Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
Kofi and Ambrose go back and forth as they try to establish offense. Dean meets Kofi up top but Kofi headbutts him off. Seth Rollins suddenly shows up and Kofi kicks him off. Kofi dives onto Reigns on the floor. The Shield attacks Kofi in the ring and the bell sounds.
Randy Orton's music hits and he comes to the rescue followed by Sheamus. Teddy Long's music hits and he comes on the stage to make a 6-Man Tag for our main event. How convenient.
The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Kofi Kingston
The match is in progress as we return from a break. Reigns is in with Sheamus. Rollins tags in and Orton tags in to cheers as he unloads on Rollins in the corner. Kofi tags in and he resumes control of Rollins with some high flying. Rollins gets an opening against Orton and tags Ambrose.
Orton hits a series of strikes to Ambrose and tags Sheamus for stomps in the corner. Ambrose rallies back and tags Rollins back in. Rollins and Sheamus trade shots; Sheamus catches Rollins off the 2nd buckle and goes for the forearms in the ropes spot but Ambrose and Reigns pulls Rollins to safety from the floor as we go to break.
Sheamus is stuck in enemy territory as we return to action. Sheamus hits a flurry out of the corner and makes the hot-tag to Orton. Orton goes on a rampage and hits the ropes-DDT on Rollins. The crowd is on fire! Rollins escapes to the floor and Orton is snuffed out by Reigns with a leaping punch. Rollins takes over on Randy in the ring. Ambrose tags in for more punishment.
Reigns favors his ankle on the apron as the quick tags continue between Rollins and Ambrose. Orton fights Rollins off, up top, and hits a superplex. Orton makes the hot-tag to Sheamus who comes in with fury. Sheamus hits a flurry including the forearm spot on Rollins. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick to Rollins and goes to drop Ambrose but Reigns hits the spear to Sheamus out of nowhere. Reigns rolls to the floor, right into an RKO. Kofi flies into the ring with a crossbody but Ambrose kicks out.
Rollins grabs Kofi's foot from the floor and Ambrose capitalizes as he drops Kofi for the win.
Winners by pin: The Shield
The Shield stands tall with their titles as we go off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.