- They recently stated that they hope to triple earnings by 2015. This is driven by three factors, which consume 80% of his time: the launch of the network, four key content agreements and monetizing their digital products.
- The Network is "somewhat of a game changer" at a price point of $12.99 - $14.99 with 2 million subscribers. At 3-4 million, it will "completely transform the company."
- Their two most profitable assets, RAW and SmackDown, have four agreements coming up: two in the U.S., one in the UK and one in India. They have delivered a lot of value to their partners in those markets and believe there is an opportunity there.
- He said that their digital audience is engaged with them and they are finding ways to monetize that.
- They will be vocal about achievements, and will announce new deals, renewals and partnerships. Under 18 months, they will be under new content agreements for RAW and SmackDown.
- As for the Network, he said it's up to them announcing carriage agreements. They have been working with carriers for the last 12-18 months and are making progress on tough discussions with them. They are also looking at potential launches internationally. The numbers mentioned earlier (2 million subscribers) are based on a fully distributed system in the U.S.
- They have had about 5 million downloads of their app, and they have launched other digital games, like Rockpocalypse. They are learning in that area, and are looking to grow.
- They plan to grow internationally, and noted how strong their TV is in India, however they have made little money on consumer products in that country. They have introduced new consumer products in India, and are working on changing their price point for products there.
- Video game sales have declined, and they found another partner in Take Two after THQ went bankrupt. He said that ratings for games tie into sales, and they like Take Two's focus on quality. They feel like they have a lot of opportunity with their partnership with Take Two.
- The program grid for the network will center around their monthly pay-per-views, and they will create retrospective content from their library. That includes creating stories from past eras, and not just running old footage. They created a 15-episode series called "The Monday Night War" which will look at in-and-out of the ring stories during the Monday Night Wars. He noted that the series tested really well. He said that they know they can create reality series, as is evident by the Total Divas reality series on E!. He feels that the price for the Network will be more appealing to fans than the current PPV price of $45 or $55 monthly, which is tough for a large audience to consume.
- In regards to stars, he believes they are on the upswing. He said that there is talent like John Cena and The Undertaker who are core, iconic talent. They have introduced a lot of new talent in the last year, and 7 new talents were at WrestleMania that never appeared at the event before, which they said was a key metric to them. He said that while they're not at the apex in terms of creating new stars, they're on the upswing.
WWE NXT Live Coverage, Results, And Your Feedback
Dixie Carter, Billy Corgan, And Bob Ryder Comment On ROH Debuting With Destination America
New Japan Pro Wrestling Best Of The Super Juniors Nights 4 & 5 Results: Liger, Current Standings
More Backstage News On Today's TNA Conference Call With Dixie Carter And The TNA Roster
Will Samoa Joe's WWE Deal Keep Him Off ROH TV?, Rumor On ROH Airing After TNA, Destination America
Vitor Belfort On If He's Retiring, UFC 187 Salaries Revealed, Belfort Challenged By Middleweight
News On Today's TNA Conference Call, If TNA Officials Addressed Destination America Status
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Dean Ambrose Arrested, John Cena Defends, More
CM Punk-WWE Shop Update, WWE Hall Of Famer Asks WWE For Retirement Match, Superstar Challenges Celeb
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
WWE Takes New Shot At CM Punk On Shop Site?, Chris Jericho Hacked Again, New Name For NXT Group
Possible Reason For Daniel Bryan On Miz TV, Why WWE Pulled Hideo Itami Shirt, Actor Warns WWE Star