- We go right to Aces & 8's in the back. Bully emphasizes that the order of business tonight is AJ Styles. D-Lo tells Anderson he's sorry things didn't work out for him with AJ. Bully gives him a dirty look and walks away with Devon. Anderson waits for D-Lo to start leaving and he lays him out from behind.
- Bully and Devon come to the ring. Bully starts to put over Slammiversary and his No Holds Barred Match with Sting. Bully lists some of Sting's great opponents who he beat for a World Title: Flair, Hogan, Angle, Hardy. Bully says he also beat Hardy for the title and calls out Sting for their tag match. Sting comes out with Joseph Park.
Sting & Joseph Park vs. Bully Ray & Devon
Sting and Park rush the ring and things go to the floor as Park gets beaten by Bully and Devon mixes it up with Sting. They continue to fight around the ring. The crowd chants for tables as Sting launches Devon into the ring from the apron. Bully continues to dominate Park as Devon and Sting go back to the floor. Sting and Bully enter the ring and go toe to toe with shots. They collide with a double clothesline as we go to a commercial.
We're back with Devon taking care of Park in the ring. Park comes back with a flurry and hits a suplex but Bully kicks him off the 2nd buckle. Devon and Bully take turns with super-slow offense. Bully punches Sting off the apron and drops a Big Elbow on Park for 2. Devon tags back in for a Hulk Hogan legdrop complete with hand gestures and poses. More quick tags from The Dudleys. Park side steps and Bully and Devon run into each other. Park leaps for the tag and Sting turns it up. Sting puts the Scorpion Death Lock on Devon and Park tries the same on Bully but Bully kicks Park off into Sting.
Sting hits a double clothesline on Devon and Bully but gets hit with the Dudley Death Drop. Devon goes up top for the headbutt to Park's groin as Abyss' music hits. Park looks excited and surprised as Sting takes advantage of the distraction and hits the Scorpion Death Drop on Devon for the win.
Winners by pin: Sting & Joseph Park
- Dixie Carter is on her way to the ring.
- Kurt Angle cuts a promo to the interviewer in the back. He says he still has a mutual respect for AJ Styles but there will be payback and he will keep a close watch on AJ's match tonight.
- Dixie makes her entrance. She puts over the PPV this Sunday and the 11 years of TNA. She says we have seen THE best men and woman in wrestling over that time. Dixie wishes Sting luck in his match with Bully and starts to talk about this year's inductee into the Hall of Fame.
Aces & 8's music hits and out come Garett Bischoff, Wes Brisco, and DOC. Garett gets in the ring with a mic and circles Dixie as he cuts a promo on the Hall of Fame. DOC and Wes get in the ring and all 3 corner Dixie. Samoa Joe and Magnus run to the rescue Aces & 8's retreats. Joe says he say at home for a month waiting to get his hands on the biker club. Joe challenges Garett to face a man.
Samoa Joe vs. Garett Bischoff
Garett hits a cheap shot from behind but Joe quickly turns it around. Joe hits an Enzuigiri and drops Garett in the corner. The crowd is hot for Joe as we take a break.
Joe kicks Garett right in the face as we return to action. Magnus gets mauled at ringside and Garett joins as the ref rings the bell. Joe flies through the ropes into all 3 Aces & 8's members. Magnus and Joe stand tall in the ring as Joe cuts a promo on them calling them cowards. Joe says he knew this would happen so there will be a match at Slammiversary pitting those 3 men versus Joe, Magnus, and Jeff Hardy. Joe calls DOC a big shaved ape. The crowd pops to the news and Aces & 8's are beside themselves.
- We go to footage of Gunner's return from last week.
- James Storm and Gunner cut an impassioned promo in the back. Storm says he chose Gunner because he has served his country and has killed people and now he's going to kill for him. (...Really?)
- Hulk Hogan asks Brooke in the back what was up with last week. Brooke says Bully is still her husband and it's hard when that face tells her he loves her. Brooke says she can't focus on the Knockouts. Hogan says Sting can fix this and he just needs one shot. Brooke asks if he's sure. Hogan says he's betting the farm on it. (Does anyone else see this Brooke turn coming on Sunday?)
- Bad Influence make their entrance followed by Aries & Roode. Their opponents James Storm and Gunner enter as we go to a commercial. The tag champions Chavo & Hernandez make their entrance.
Chavo & Hernandez and Storm & Gunner vs. Bad Influence and Roode & Aries
Gunner takes control of Daniels and hits a high back bodydrop. Daniels goes out to regroup and calls for a timeout. Daniels tags Aries. Aries reluctantly starts to get in the ring but comically tags Roode and encourages him to take care of business. Roode falls victim to Gunner and Chavo tags in for stomps on the mat. Hernandez tags in and slams Chavo onto Roode and hits a splash for 2.
Chavo back in now. Roode gets an opening for some offense. Chavo shuts him down with the 3 Amigos. Aries dropkicks Chavo off the top and to the floor. Aries tells the camera he doesn't know what is going on (Aries reminds me a lot of Punk). The heels get the upper hand on Chavo in their corner and take turns with quick tags. Chavo continues to get taken apart by all 4 men.
Chavo moves in the corner and leaps for the tag to Hernandez. Hernandez cleans house with quick power moves. Hernandez covers Roode but Bad Influence makes the save. Hernandez is distracted and Aries charges in for a vicious dropkick to Hernandez' face. Hernandez counters out of a brainbuster and drops Aries face-first and tags Gunner. Gunner hits a backbreaker on Aries and puts him in the torture rack as the ref rings the bell.
Winners by pin: Gunner & Storm and Chavo & Hernandez
- AJ arrives in the dark parking lot on his glowing motorcycle.
- Aces & 8's argue about AJ Styles, Abyss, and Jeff Hardy in the back. Bully is angry and he delegates tasks. He says he has a job for Knux. Bully says they officially declare war on Impact Wrestling and he wants victims everywhere or they will all end up like D-Lo.
- The new Knockouts Champion Mickie James is on her way to the ring.
- A Bound for Glory video package runs. The event takes place on October 20 from San Diego, CA.
- Footage is shown of Mickie James' title win from last week.
- Mickie James makes her entrance. Mickie takes her bows and says it feels good to be the champ. She thanks all of her supporters and says it been a crazy year with her album release and now the championship. Her expressions and tone walk the line between heel and face. Mickie calls out Velvet to address the way in which she won. Velvet comes out to the ring and they embrace.
Mickie says she came to Velvet and asked if she was ready and she said yes. Mickie puts Velvet over for being tough and a fighting champion and emphasizes the great champion she "was." Velvet wants her rematch and Mickie starts to dance around it. Velvet wants the match this Sunday. Mickie says Brooke has already made Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell this Sunday.
Gail Kim interrupts and comes to the ring. Gail gets in Mickie's face and says she won the belt because she softened up Velvet for her. Gail says she will take care of Taryn this Sunday and she will be the last Knockout standing. Gail kicks Velvet in the knee and drags her to the post but Taryn comes to the rescue.
Kenny King is introduced for our mixed tag as we go to a commercial.
Chris Sabin & Taryn Terrell vs. Kenny King vs. Gail Kim
The bell rings and Taryn goes right at Gail with those annoying screams a la Kelly Kelly. ODB is our ref. Taryn suplexes Gail into the ring off the apron. Taryn hits a crossbody from up top for 2. ODB makes sure we know it was a 2 as she grabs her chest. Kenny King and Sabin tag in and go back and forth with quick exchanges. King hits an Enzuigiri to Sabin and goes to a rest hold. Sabin fights up but Gail kicks him in the back from the apron and King resumes offense.
Sabin goes on a flurry and drives King to the mat in a modified face plant. Gail grabs Sabin's hair from the apron and Taryn chases her around the ring. Taryn hits a spear to Gail in the ring. Sabin hits an Enzuigiri to King and drives him to the mat for the win.
Winners by pin: Chris Sabin & Taryn Terrell
Sabin cuts a promo in the ring but he is attacked by King from behind. Suicide comes to the rescue and lays King out. Suicide grabs the X-Division Title and has a stare down with Sabin.
- AJ and Anderson are on their way to the ring.
- A Sting highlight package runs with Sting narrating. He talks about his career and wins over Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. He says this match is about taking power from Bully Ray.
- The Slammiversary card is rundown.
- Mr. Anderson makes his entrance to the ring. AJ Styles enters through the normal entrance.
AJ Styles vs. Mr. Anderson
Anderson wastes no time jumping on AJ. AJ backs Anderson into the corner with chops and kicks. AJ is wearing a black tank top that reads, "NO ONE". AJ keeps control with slow moves. AJ hits a suplex for 2. AJ continues his slow motion offense. Anderson turns things around and stomps AJ in the corner.
AJ comes back and tosses Anderson to the floor and slides under the ropes for a dropkick to the floor. AJ takes off his shirt as we go to commercial.
We're back as AJ works Anderson over in the ring. Anderson gets the advantage on the apron and hits a vicious DDT on the Edge of the ring. Anderson rolls AJ in for a 2. The pace picks up slightly as the men battle back and forth. Kurt Angle enters and starts to beat down AJ as the bell rings. AJ comes back with kicks to Angle's knee.
Aces & 8's come out and so do Sting, Joe, Magnus, and Park. They all brawl around the ring. Sting and Bully are left alone in the ring. They trade shots back and forth. Sting overtakes Bully and applies the Scorpion Death Lock. Devon comes in and clocks Sting from behind. Bully and Devon hit the 3D on Sting. The other members of Aces & 8's come in the ring and stand tall as TNA members lay battered on the floor.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.