Sting Talks Wanting Match With Undertaker, AJ Styles And Jeff Jarrett Not Being In TNA's HOF, More

Source: VOC Nation Radio Network

TNA Hall of Famer Sting joined the VOC Nation Radio Network to discuss his career, what the future holds for him, his flirtations with the WWE, and his upcoming appearance at Legends of the Ring in Monroe, NJ. The entire interview is available for download at vocnation.com. Here are some highlights from the interview:

On the loss at Slammiversary and what it means for his career: "It's a question I've asked myself and thrown out a few times here and there. I've wondered what (the TNA Booking Team's) intentions are. When I was inducted into the Hall of Fame, I asked Dixie if she was putting me out to pasture and she said 'absolutely not.' I'm giving you a straight up answer: It (all of these actions) makes me wonder."

On being an active wrestler and going into the TNA Hall of Fame: "Last year when I was inducted I had no idea that it was going to be me. I was an active wrestler. (I wondered why) they didn't go with the Jeff Jarretts of the world. If they're going to use an active guy, why not AJ? He's been with the company since the beginning. I took it as an indication that they thought I was done. But it was a night that I will never forget, and it was awesome."

On rumors of him working against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27: "Over the last few years those rumors have gotten stronger. I do an annual contract every year and the rumors start right around January. The year that they did the (black and white) vignette, I had nothing to do with it and I had no conversations with the WWE at that time. Shortly afterward there were conversations (with WWE) just by happenstance, but nothing official."

On being open to work in the WWE: "It's no secret. I've always wanted to wrestle Undertaker; I've said that for years. And who would not want to work Wrestlemania?"

On whether he was ever close to working with the WWE right after the WCW purchase: "No… I've always described that day as being surreal and a very tough thing to swallow. I had 18 months left on my (WCW) contract that AOL had to honor, and there was never any conversation at that time. The first time I talked to them was 5 years later. Vince McMahon called me and we talked for a week, and it was very, very close. That was the time that I decided to make one final run and I decided to make it with TNA."

On who he would like to work with that he hasn't had a program with: "Magnus has the potential to be great. We have to get James Storm and Joe going again. There's probably a few guys, but I don't have one specific name."

Follow Raj Giri on Twitter at @RajGiri_303. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.

« Previous Headline | Comment | Main | Next Headline »

WrestlingInc.com is the largest independently owned wrestling website in the world (Source: Alexa). Follow us (@WrestlingInc) on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook:

MOST POPULAR

Will Michael Sam accepts WWE's invitation and appear on RAW next Monday?
Yes, he will appear live on the show
Yes, he will appear via satellite or taped segment
No