Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Main Event Recap.
- Opening theme and pyro, Josh Mathews welcomes us to the show during crowd shots. We are 3 days away from Payback. Miz makes his entrance to the ring as we see Wade Barrett on commentary. We see a graphic for the Triple Threat Intercontinental Title match for the PPV. Cody Rhodes makes his entrance.
The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes
Miz tries to get the crowd riled up as the bell rings and we do get a "Miz is awesome" chant. Cody takes Miz down and says he is awesome, to boos. They lock up again and Miz hits the shoulderblock this time and they go back and forth. Miz slingshots Cody into the corner and gets 2. Miz takes Cody down with a clothesline after some more back and forth. Cody hits a dropkick for 2. Miz fights up from a headlock and catches Cody off the top for a figure-4 attempt. Cody thwarts it as we go to a commercial.
Cody is back to a headlock on the mat as we return to action. Miz tosses Cody to the floor and follows through with a dropkick through the ropes. Miz comes off the apron with a double axe handle and tosses Cody around at ringside. Cody gets the advantage by smashing Miz' hand into the steel post. Cody takes full control in the ring as he works the injured left hand and arm. Cody hits a low-blow but Miz launches him over the top as the ref counts. Cody makes it in at the count of "7" but Miz takes the advantage with a one-armed flurry. Miz comes off the top with an axe for 2. Cody avoids the Skull Crushing Finale and sends Miz into the steel post. Cody hits the Disaster Kick and gets 2. Rhodes stomps Miz on the mat as he complains the ref about the count. Miz gets Cody into the figure-4 and Cody taps in about 7 seconds.
Winner by submission: The Miz
Miz and Wade Barrett have a stare-down as Barrett rises from his chair and raises the Intercontinental Title.
- A video package runs for Punk vs. Jericho and we see the graphic for the matchup.
- Damien Sandow's music hits and he cuts a promo on his way down the ramp. He says all he has wanted to do in the past year is enlighten all us unwashed masses. He says he has realized that he set the bar too high. He begins to speak slowly so we understand. He says he will also use physical means to get his point across and it will begin tonight. Sin Cara makes his entrance.
Damien Sandow vs. Sin Cara
Sandow takes early control with stomps as Barrett complains about the lights during Sin Cara's matches. Sandow hits vicious shoulders in the corner. The crowd begins to chant for Sin Cara. Cara comes back with an Enzuigiri and starts to fly as Sandow escapes to the floor.
Back from a break as Sandow slams Cara in the ring. Sandow keeps the flier grounded. Sin Cara hits a side kick out of the corner but Sandow goes back to pounding him on the mat. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain for 2. Cara rolls through and pins him for 2. Cara hits another Enzuigiri from the apron and comes off the top but Sandow moves and Cara hits the canvas. Sandow hits a modified Rock Bottom for the win.
Winner by pin: Damien Sandow
- A video runs hyping the Cena vs. Ryback 3 Stages of Hell match at Payback.
- Tons of Funk make their entrance. The Usos follow after a break.
The Usos vs. Tons of Funk
Brodus Clay starts off with Jey and powers the Samoan to the mat. Jey resets with a go-behind and strikes to the face of Clay. Clay knocks him down and both men tag out. Tensai goes to work on Jimmy Uso and monkey-flips him out of the corner and attempts to break dance. Jimmy takes the big man down and does some gyrating as well. Clay tags back in and takes over with a headbutt on Jimmy. Clay takes care of Jey on the apron and hits Jimmy with a Perfect-Plex and motions to call his momma. Clay hits a splash but Jey breaks the count. Tensai comes in also and things break down. Jey hits Tensai with a Samoan Drop and he rolls out of the ring. The Usos hit a double Superkick to Clay and one comes off the top with the Superfly Splash for the win.
Winners by pin: The Usos
The Usos celebrate in the ring as we go off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.