Welcome to our ongoing results of tonight's WWE SmackDown. You all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Please help spread word of tonight's coverage. Twitter users, please share this page by clicking the 'Share' button below:
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- SmackDown begins with a video hyping the Payback PPV this Sunday. Tonight, Randy Orton and Team Hell No will face The Shield.
- We skip the intro and go right to the arena in Greensboro, NC as Daniel Bryan's music hits and he comes out to a rousing reception. Bryan starts to cut a promo about his WWE career in Yes/No format. He says he never would have thought it, but Team Hell No is one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Bryan covers his ears and calls Kane out to the ring.
Kane says he knows why Bryan called him out but all he is interested in is their match with The Shield tonight. Bryan says the last 9 months have been an incredible ride but at Payback, Kane won't be his partner and Bryan will be tag champs with someone else. He puts a hand on Kane's shoulder and says that they won't be teaming anymore. Kane asks if Bryan is breaking up with him and says the same thing will happen when he wins the Intercontinental Title from Dean Ambrose. Bryan says that is a singles title and he and Orton will be "Team RK-No."
Kane says Bryan and Orton may not even win the straps. Bryan starts the weak link thing and they argue. He implies that Kane might be the weak link. Kane puts hands on Bryan's neck as Randy Orton interrupts. He says he can't let Kane chokeslam Bryan because he needs to be 100% this Sunday. Orton says he might be forced to RKO Kane. Bryan says he didn't ask to be saved. Kane says he has had enough and goes to leave. Bryan tells him to go and run off like always. They all 3 start to bicker.
The Shield appear on the Titantron and they are amused. They say they are unstoppable and untouchable. Ambrose says there is no need to argue because they are going to run this yard like always. Orton, Bryan, and Kane argue in the ring.
- Sheamus is on his way out as we take a break.
- Sheamus makes his way to the ring. Antonio Cesaro is already in his jobber role in the ring.
Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro
Damien Sandow interrupts right before the match begins. He says Cesaro speaks 5 languages and Sheamus barely speaks 1. Sandow says that this Sunday, he will play host to Sheamus' Irish Wake.
The bell rings and Cesaro goes to work in the corner. Cesaro slaps him and Sheamus goes crazy out of the corner with clubbing blows. Sheamus hits a powerslam for 2. Cesaro comes back and clotheslines Sheamus over the top. Sheamus catches him off the apron and tosses him into the security wall.
Back from a commercial as the action spills to the floor. Cesaro sends Sheamus' back into the steel steps and sends him back in. Cesaro continues offense with a headlock on the mat. Sheamus comes back and hits a back bodydrop and builds momentum with signature axe handles. Cesaro won't let up and takes control back.
Sheamus sends Cesaro to the apron and hits the forearm spot in the ropes. Sheamus has a nasty gash on his left shoulder from getting rammed into the steps. Back and forth. Cesaro hits a modified powerslam (emphasis on power) for 2. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick in the corner from out of nowhere.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
Damien Sandow attacks Sheamus from behind on the stage. Sheamus slowly gets up from the ramp as we go to break.
- The new Wyatt Family vignette runs.
- Teddy Long is on the phone in the back. He starts to eat some Hardee's but is interrupted by Team Ziggler. Ziggler doesn't want to compete tonight. Teddy says he is busy. Ziggler tells him to think about it and leaves. Teddy goes to take a bite from his huge bacon burger but Big E comes back into the shot and takes bites out of his burger and hands it back to him after moaning in ecstasy about the taste.
Instant Reaction: What is it with this bacon fascination? Nice to see they are using Ziggler in a meaningful way like an afterthought in a glorified Hardee's commercial. Welcome back Ziggs!
- Khali and friends come to the ring as we go to commercial.
- 3MB enters the ring.
Heath Slater vs. The Great Khali
They lock up and Khali powers Slater down to the mat. Slater slaps Khali in the face but falls victim to chops in the corners of the ring. Slater comes back with strikes in the corner but Khali swats him off and hits a big boot. Slater bumps around for Khali in the ring. Drew and Jinder shove Hornswoggle on the floor. Slater takes advantage of the distraction and takes Khali's knee out. Slater gets the pin.
Winner by pin: Heath Slater
Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio & Chris Jericho
Ziggler and Del Rio go to square-off but Ziggler ducks out and tags Big E. Langston takes it to Del Rio in the corner. Del Rio comes back and hits an Enzuigiri and tags Y2J. Jericho goes to work with chops to Langston. Jericho hits a dropkick for 2. Big E turns it around with shoulders in the corner and tags Ziggler.
Ziggler stomps Jericho on the mat and drops an elbow for 2. Big E back in now and Jericho hits him with a dropkick and tags Del Rio. Langston and Del Rio go back and forth. Del Rio hits the backstabber and Big E tags out. Ziggler and Big E regroup on the floor as we go to a break.
Y2J and Big E mix it up in the ring as we return to action. Jericho throws Langston over the top. AJ gets in a shot to Jericho on the apron and Big E takes the advantage back in the ring and gets 2. Ziggler tags in and resumes control of Y2J. Jericho moves in the corner and hits Ziggler with a bulldog and tags Del Rio.
Del Rio speeds things up against Ziggler but Big E takes his head off. Ziggler pauses to dropkick Jericho and gloat to the fans, Del Rio rolls him up out of nowhere for the win.
Winners by pin: Alberto Del Rio & Chris Jericho
- Kaitlyn is on her way to the ring.
- Chris Jericho gives Renee an interview in the back. Jericho hypes his match with CM Punk this Sunday. He says this match is to be a must-see. The pans over the reveal Paul Heyman on Renee's other side. Heyman puts out his hand and wishes Jericho luck. Jericho leaves him hanging. Heyman says Jericho will need the luck he offers. He continues to blab and Jericho pushes the mic into his throat and says, "Pipe bomb."
- Aksana stretches in the ring. Kaitlyn makes her entrance. We see footage of her and Big E & AJ from Monday. Kaitlyn reacts to the footage and attacks Aksana with a double leg. They fight to the floor. Kaitlyn gets her back in the ring as the ref tries to get her off. Kaitlyn strikes the ref and goes back at Aksana on the floor. The ref goes to grab her again and she slaps him in the face, hard. Aksana escapes up the ramp and Kaitlyn is distraught on the mat.
- We go to a Cena/Ryback promo video.
- Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman make their entrance brought to us by Hardee's Thick Burger.
- Back from a break as JBL has 2 bacon burgers in front of him as Cole adds up the strips of bacon he has. I'm totally speechless right now.
Wade Barrett cuts an in-ring promo to Heyman about it not making sense to risk getting hurt and he wants to wait until Sunday. Miz comes out and cuts a "Really" promo. He asks the crowd if they want to see Wade and Axel fight. They chant, "Fight"
Wade Barrett vs. Curtis Axel
Wade and Curtis go back and forth and the action spills to the floor in front of Miz. Axel charges forward but Barrett ducks and Axel clocks Miz. Back in the ring, Axel hits a swinging neckbreaker to Wade and gets the pin.
Winner by pin: Curtis Axel
Miz gives Axel a Skull-Crushing Finale in the ring and he stands tall in the ring.
- JBL and Cole discuss things and the burgers have disappeared. Cole sends to another Wyatt Family vignette. It is new and different from the one from earlier and Monday.
- The Shield makes their entrance through the stands. Cole reminds us that SmackDown is brought to us by Hardee's Thickburger.
Team Hell No & Randy Orton vs. The Shield
We return from a commercial to the crowd going nuts with "YES" chants as Bryan and company are in the ring already. Team Hell No & Orton take turns on Rollins and then Ambrose. Ambrose overtakes Bryan in Shield's corner and Rollins and Reigns take turns on him. Ambrose tags back in for more offense on Bryan.
Bryan fights back and they trade knees. Orton tags in and explodes on The Shield. He goes for a double DDT in the ropes but he gets outnumbered. Ambrose gets 2 on Orton.
Back from a break as Ambrose gets 2 on Orton. Reigns comes in and takes over. Orton hits a neckbreaker to Reigns and sidesteps him in the corner; Reigns goes shoulder-first into the post. Kane tags in and he hits a flurry of offense on Dean. Kane goes up top and flies but nobody is home. Ambrose dropkicks Kane back to his corner and Bryan tags himself in. Bryan leaps off the top with a front dropkick to Ambrose.
Rollins springs in but gets caught in mid-air with a dropkick from Bryan. Bryan takes out Reigns with a dropkick and flies through the ropes onto Rollins and Reigns. The crowd is absolutely on fire! Bryan continues with his flurry and gets 2 on Rollins. Bryan goes up top and fights off Ambrose. He flies off but Rollins moves and gets 2.
Kane comes in and chokeslams Dean over the top. Reigns clothesline Kane to the floor. Orton goes for and RKO on Reigns but Roman spears him. Kane chokeslams Ambrose into the timekeepers area and sends Rollins there too. Randy hits Rollins with an RKO in mid-air. Bryan makes Rollins tap with a crossface.
Winners by pin: Team Hell No & Randy Orton
Lilian Garcia makes it a point to announce that The Shield have been defeated for the first time in 6-man action. The crowd in Greensboro blows the roof off the place as Bryan, Kane, and Orton celebrate.
Instant Reaction: Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins are pure magic in the ring. Ambrose is a close second. It's been a long time since someone was as organically over as Daniel Bryan. Dare I say the last times were with Austin and Rock? Let's hope they don't mess it up with the rumored Bryan heel turn. But if done right, it can be compelling. Maybe Bryan swerves us and joins The Shield instead of Orton?
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.