- We see Wade Barrett walking backstage. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Heyman is asking Punk if he knows how much he cares about him. Punk apologizes for jumping the gun in the ring but it's how he feels about Punk. Punk says Heyman got involved at Payback and almost cost him the match. Punk says he's not Curtis Axel and not Brock Lesnar. He no longer wants Heyman at ringside with him. Punk says he will always, always be a Paul Heyman guy. Punk walks off and Heyman looks sad.
Wade Barrett vs. Christian
We get a look at Payback where Curtis Axel won the Intercontinental Title. Wade Barrett waits in the ring for his rematch but out comes Vickie and Maddox again. Vickie says the rematch is going to have to wait because right now her big surprise is coming out. Here comes Christian to a big pop.
Christian gets the win after a good back and forth match. He hits Killswitch to pin Barrett.
- Fans can vote on the WWE App the stipulations for Orton vs. Bryan - No DQ, No Count Out or 2 of 3 Falls. We go to commercial after another promo for The Wyatt Family.
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus as Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes wait in the ring for a handicap match. They start by double teaming Sheamus but he fights them off. Cody nails a Disaster Kick and Sandow mounts Sheamus with right hands. Cody stomps away now.
More double teaming. Cody with a kick to the face. Sandow hits Elbow of Disdain for a 2 count. Sandow holds Sheamus while Cody slaps him and taunts him. Sheamus gets pissed and backdrops Cody to the floor. He fights Sheamus out and starts a comeback. Sheamus with a high knee and the rolling senton. He catches Cody on the apron and hits the forearms to the chest. Powerslam for Sandow. Cody comes off the second rope but Sheamus catches him and hits White Noise. Sheamus readies for a Brogue Kick on Cody but Sandow slides in and rolls Sheamus up for the win.
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
- After the match, Sandow hurries up the ramp. Sheamus lays out Cody with a Brogue Kick.
- Still to come - will Mark Henry announce his retirement? We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Vickie and Maddox are backstage bragging to Triple H about what's happened tonight. Triple H asks what their main event was going to be if CM Punk didn't challenge Del Rio. No answer. She brags on bringing back Christian. Triple H says that was good but he's been cleared for about a month and a half, why are they just now bringing him back? Triple H brings up Rob Van Dam. They both take credit for bringing him back. Triple H says it was him who made the deal with RVD over the phone. Triple H brings up The Shield and says Vickie needs to take control of them. If they get involved tonight, he wants Vickie to make an example of them. Triple H jokes that putting 3MB on the show tonight was a stroke of genius and walks off.
- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage. Kane wants to talk but Bryan says he's busy. Bryan says Kane is glad Bryan and Orton lost last night. Kane says he's not, Bryan isn't the only one who lost last night. Kane says maybe Team Hell No should give it another shot. Bryan says he's never going to be anything if he's involved in a team. He's all about Team Daniel Bryan now. Bryan says he needs to win the WWE Title. Kane says he also wants to win the WWE Title. Kane asks if they're done, if this is it. Bryan says he doesn't know and Kane agrees. Kane wishes him good luck.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Daniel Bryan's First Tweet Since Miz Tirade, Enzo & Big Cass, Vince McMahon Says He Reached Puberty
Who Did Commentary At WWE NXT Television Tapings?, Several CWC Stars In Action At Tapings, NXT Tix
TNA Bound For Glory Main Event Set, New TNA Knockouts Champion Talks Winning Title
** SPOILER PHOTOS ** Top Star Does Stretcher Job At WWE NXT TV Tapings
** SPOILERS ** WWE NXT TV Tapings Airing In August And September
TNA Impact Wrestling Results (8/28): Title Change, Drew Galloway Vs. EC3, Aron Rex Referees
AJ Styles Gets New Tattoo, Torrie Wilson - WWE Note, WWE Stars React To Finn Balor's Injury (Video)
Update On Shawn Michaels Working At The WWE Performance Center (Photo)
Backstage Talk On What Randy Orton Was Told About Brock Lesnar Match When He Arrived To SummerSlam
Major Praise For WWE RAW Star, Backstage News On The Brock Lesnar Vs. Randy Orton SummerSlam Finish
Original WWE SummerSlam Plans For Finn Balor, Randy Orton Reveals Baby Name
Big Triple Threat Nixed From WWE Hell In A Cell, Backstage News On Seth Rollins And Roman Reigns
Backstage News On The WWE Universal Title And Who Was Set To Win It, Original WWE SummerSlam Plans
Mick Foley On The Miz Tearing Into Daniel Bryan, "Holy Foley" Review, The Rock, Ballers Ratings
Did Chris Jericho Mention Brock Lesnar Altercation On His Podcast?, Jericho On Finn Balor Injury
WWE Doctor On Finn Balor's Injury Being More Severe Than Normal, Update On Balor's Ring Return