TNA Impact Wrestling Mid Term Ratings Report, Bruce Prichard Departure Notes
Facts below also include stats following the departure of former head of creative Bruce Prichard, whose departure coincides with the six month time span of the report.
You can click on the thumbnail below for a larger view:
More stats and facts:
- Impact Wrestling averaged a 1.199 rating for the first 6 months of 2011.
- Impact Wrestling averaged a 1.047 rating for the first 6 months of 2012.
- Impact Wrestling averaged a 1.011 rating for the first 6 months of 2013.
- The highest rating TNA scored in the first 6 months of 2011 is a 1.36, the lowest was a 1.01.
- The highest rating TNA scored in the first 6 months of 2012 is a 1.19, the lowest was a 0.85.
- The highest rating TNA scored in the first 6 months of 2013 is a 1.17, the lowest was a 0.77.
- Vince Russo was in a creative position for the first 8 weeks of 2012, and was demoted in late 2011 as Bruce Prichard took over the head of creative role.
- Bruce Prichard is the first ever non-shareholder employee to hold both the talent and creative director roles in TNA at the same time.
- Not counting Dixie Carter, Jerry and Jeff Jarrett were the only two shareholders to previously hold control of both the talent and creative end of the company at the same time.
- Bruce Prichard held the TNA creative position for only 21 months. In those 21 months, TNA had the lowest ratings average in nearly 7 years.
- The last 6 months of 2012 on average contained some of the lowest ratings in the last 6 years of Impact Wrestling.
- The first 6 months of TNA programming in 2013 already has a lower than average rating compared to all of 2012.
- The new timeslot change began on May 30. That's week 23 of the chart and ends on week 28 of the chart.
- That time frame has just one episode that scored a 1.0 rating or higher.
- The average for week 22-29 is only a 0.90 average rating, lower than the 1.011 six month average.
- The new time slot change so far has an 11.1% decrease in ratings from the six month average.
- At the current rate, Impact Wrestling is expected to have a year to year average rating of less than a 1.0
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.