- As noted last week, it appears as if WWE may have a hit on their hands with Total Divas. The audience grew for the third straight week, as TV By The Numbers reports that this past Sunday's episode garnered 1.671 million viewers. That is up from last week's episode, which drew a 1.21 cable rating with 1.526 million viewers. The series premiere the week before scored a 1.1 rating with 1.3 million viewers.
- WWE sent us this press release highlighting this week's SummerSlam festivities. We are looking for SummerSlam correspondents, as well as reports for this week's Axxess events, so if you are attending any of the events, please contact us by clicking here.
WWE TAKES OVER LOS ANGELES WITH SUMMERSLAM
STAMFORD, Conn., August 13, 2013 For the fifth straight year, WWE will entertain the city of Los Angeles with a week-long lineup of events that place an emphasis on community and charitable outreach in celebration of SummerSlam, taking place this Sunday, August 18 live on pay-per-view at 8 p.m. ET from Staples Center. The events begin today and include:
* SummerSlam Press Conference Tuesday, August 13, Beverly Hills Hotel
For the first time, WWE will host a press conference to kick off SummerSlam Week. Days before John Cena® defends the WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan®, the two will come face-to-face at The Beverly Hills Hotel. The SummerSlam headliners will be joined by the biggest names in WWE to offer a preview of this year's event. The press conference will also be streamed live on WWE.com, YouTube and Facebook.
* Children's Hospital Visits Wednesday, August 14
WWE Superstar The Miz® will be joined by Divas Champion AJ Lee and WWE Legend Eve at the Mattel Children's Hospital and the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. On both occasions, children will be provided with toys donated by Mattel.
* "Be a STAR" (Show Tolerance and Respect) Anti-Bullying Rallies Thursday, August 15
WWE and The Creative Coalition will host two anti-bullying rallies at a local youth center and school in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 15. Congresswoman Linda Sanchez, actor Ryan Ochoa and "Anger Management's" Daniela Bobadilla will join WWE Superstars Big Show®, Hornswoggle® and Alicia Fox at the Cathy Hensel Youth Center in Montebello, delivering anti-bullying messages to more than 400 children between the ages of 5-13. Later that day, Sanchez, Ochoa, Bobadilla, WWE Superstars The Prime Time Players and ring announcer Lilian Garcia will host a second Be a STAR rally at Samuel Gompers Middle School for approximately 300 8th grade students.
* Superstars for Hope to benefit Make-A-Wish Thursday, August 15, Beverly Hills Hotel
WWE and E! Entertainment will host the Superstars for Hope (#STARS4HOPE) red carpet party on Thursday, August 15 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. On July 22, WWE and E! Entertainment launched the first-ever Superstars for Hope fundraising initiative to support Make-A-Wish, featuring chances to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences available to anyone who makes a contribution. For every $10 fans and supporters contribute through fundraising partner Omaze, they will receive five chances to win one of two packages donated by WWE and E!
* Susan G. Komen Mobile Mammogram Units Friday, August 16 & Sunday, August 18
As part of WWE's partnership with Susan G. Komen, WWE will host mobile mammograms units at select locations where under insured women will be able to receive a mammogram free of charge. On Friday, August 16, WWE Diva Layla and ring announcer Lilian Garcia will take part in a meet and greet at Northgate Gonzalez Grocery store to promote the importance of early detection. The two will be joined by WWE Superstar Alex Riley for Sunday's meet and greet at SummerSlam Axxess in Nokia Plaza at LA Live.
* SummerSlam Axxess Saturday, August 17 & Sunday, August 18, Nokia Plaza at LA Live
Get ready for the ultimate WWE fan experience when SummerSlam Axxess (#AXXESS) takes over the Nokia Plaza at LA Live Saturday, August 17 and Sunday, August 18. This year, the WWE Universe will get unprecedented access to meet their favorite WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends, with more live matches and autograph signings than ever before. WWE Superstar Q & A's and interactive activities will take place all throughout the plaza.
* Make-A-Wish Celebration Saturday, August 17
WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio® will host this year's Make-A-Wish Celebration, granting wishes to nine children and hosting their families for an afternoon of fun at Lucky Strike. As part of its 30-year partnership with Make-A-Wish, WWE is also hosting the wish children and their families at SummerSlam.
* SummerSlam Mamarazzi Sunday, August 18, Lexus Club, Staples Center
Approximately 40 mom bloggers and their children will be in attendance for a panel discussion with WWE Executive Vice President, Creative and mom of three Stephanie McMahon. WWE Superstars The Miz and Rey Mysterio will be on hand for a meet and greet with the moms and children.
* SummerSlam Reading Challenge Sunday, August 18, Nokia Plaza at LA Live
On Sunday, August 18, WWE, Pearson Foundation and We Give Books will host a reading celebration at Nokia Plaza in LA Live during SummerSlam Axxess. WWE Legend Mick Foley and WWE Superstars Cody Rhodes® and Hornswoggle will host local Los Angeles parents and read to hundreds of students to promote the importance of literacy.
* SummerSlam, Sunday, August 18, Staples Center
A sold out crowd will converge on Staples Center for SummerSlam (#SummerSlam). WWE's biggest event of the summer, which can be seen live on pay-per-view at 8 p.m. ET in more than 100 countries and 20 languages, will feature the highly anticipated match between John Cena and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship. WWE is streaming SummerSlam across all Apple, Android and Windows 8 devices and Kindle Fire tablets. The pay-per-view will also be available on Xbox consoles and Samsung Smart TVs, and, for the first time on Sony devices as part of the Sony Entertainment Network.