- A SummerSlam still-package and the fallout from RAW kicks us off.
- The opening package runs and we go right to General Manager Vickie Guerrero in the ring. She welcomes the new WWE Champion Randy Orton to the ring. Vickie goes for a hug on her way up the ramp but Randy stares at her and she settles for a hand shake. The lights stay down as Randy begins to talk. He say as our champion, he promises to give us what we want and what we deserve. He says he told us that none of us would see it coming. He says he didn't know that Triple H was going to Pedigree Daniel Bryan and he did not need his help but he couldn't resist the situation. Randy asks the fans for their support but they say "No." Randy points to his face and says it is the face of the WWE.
Daniel Bryan's music hits and he comes down to a raucous ovation. Bryan wants to finish what he was going to say on RAW before being interrupted by Stephanie McMahon. He thanks John Cena for giving him the opportunity and wrestling him with an injured elbow. Bryan turns to Orton and says it is "time for that face to change." The crowd voices their approval. Bryan talks about how pretty Orton is. Orton "toughens up." Bryan says it makes him want to kick Orton in the face. Bryan says he had to wrestle in dirty high school gyms to get where he is. He says he is not tall or pretty but he can wrestle and beat Randy for the World Title. Bryan wants his rematch tonight. He starts to "Yes" with the crowd.
Randy calls him short-stuff and says he has to wait for Night of Champions. Orton walks up to Bryan and raises his title. As he goes to leave, he tries an RKO but Bryan blocks it and knocks Randy out of the ring with a dropkick. Randy sells getting back in but retreats up the ramp. Bryan leads the crowd in a "Yes" chant.
- Vickie is mad on her phone about the last segment. She wants somebody to "teach that little troll a lesson." Wade Barrett comes into the shot and proposes that he face Bryan so he doesn't make it to his rematch. Vickie makes a steel cage match between Bryan and Barrett for later tonight.
Curtis Axel vs. Cody Rhodes
Axel goes to work with strikes in the corner but Cody comes back and they trade holds in the center. Axel lands a dropkick. Cody springs off the top ropes for his own dropkick. Axel takes the advantage on the floor as he rams Cody into the apron.
Back from a break as Axel works Cody over in the ring. Axel misses with an elbow off the 2nd buckle. Cody misses with a Disaster Kick and they go back and forth. The crowd chants for CM Punk. Cody goes up top but Heyman gets on the steps and causes the distraction. Axel drops Cody face first on the canvas for the win.
Winner by pin: Curtis Axel
Heyman joins Axel in the ring with his arm in a sling. He says he is in agony at the actions of CM Punk. He says it isn't just physical, but emotional distress because his former friend has become a loser. He says Punk is lost without him. Heyman says with him, Axel has found himself and nobody can defeat him for the Intercontinental Championship. He hands Axel the mic who says Punk doesn't deserve it but he challenges him to a title match for RAW this Monday.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Big E Langston
Langston attacks Ziggler from behind and unloads on him. The ref has to hold him back. The bell rings and Big E goes right back to work. He tosses Dolph in the air and gets 2. Big E with a reverse headlock on the mat. Ziggler gets out and sends Big E to the post and then delivers a splash. Neckbreaker and dropkick from Ziggler. Ziggler hits a face-plant for 2. AJ punches Ziggler in the face from the floor and Big E hits a clothesline for 2. Ziggler counters the Big Ending into the Zig Zag for the win.
Winner by pin: Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian
Lilian introduces Del Rio in Spanish and there are little Mexican flags on the ring posts. Del Rio takes control with intensity in the corner. Christian launches him to the floor and follows up with a dropkick under the ropes. Del Rio starts to walk up the ramp as we go to commercial.
Back to action as Del Rio is back in the ring and in control.
Christian topples to the floor. Del Rio follows with stomps and sends Christian back in. Christian avoids Del Rio in the ropes and drops Del Rio to the floor. Del Rio gets back in and Christian goes on a flurry. Christian flies off the top but Del Rio swats him away and connects with a dropkick to the face for 2. More back and forth. Christian hits a top rope tornado DDT for 2. Christian waits for Del Rio to get up but Del Rio slides to the floor. Back in the ring, Del Rio runs up the corner with an Enzuigiri to the back of the head for 2. Del Rio flips off the top and applies the cross armbreaker and Christian is forced to tap.
Winner by submission: Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio cuts a promo in the ring about Mexicans and Latinos looking up to him. He says they cannot be like him because there is only one. He calls them peasants. It looks like his black eye is bleeding. Ricardo interrupts on the stage. He introduces RVD. RVD starts toward the ring but we cut to see Christian deliver a missile dropkick to Del Rio as he turns around in the ring. RVD finishes him off with Rolling Thunder and celebrates with Ricardo in the ring.
Slater loses at Paper, Rock, Scissors and has to start against Big Show. Show and Henry take turns tossing him around. Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal pounce on Henry and isolate him. Henry turns Slater inside out with a shoulder and tags Big Show who cleans house. Show hits Drew with a chokeslam but Slater breaks the count. Show sends Slater into Henry for a WSS. Show hits Drew with the KO Punch for the win.
Winners by pin: The Big Show & Mark Henry
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins appear on the Titantron and they are not impressed. Reigns says he will never respect Henry. Rollins says they are just better and a new era has dawned. Believe in The Shield.
- The Real Americans are in the ring and they say, "We the people." The Prime Time Players make their entrance.
Darren Young vs. Antonio Cesaro
Cesaro takes control of Darren Young. Young rallies back and hits a Northern Lights Suplex for 2. Swagger tries to distract from the apron but Titus pulls him off. Young hits the Gut Check on Cesaro for the win.
Winner by pin: Darren Young
- Ryback is asked for an autograph in the back by a fan for his son Billy. Ryback signs it. The fan doesn't recognize Ryback's name and asks which one he is. He says he hasn't watched in a while but his son knows them all. Ryback rips the poster and calls him a pencil neck geek. Cole makes sure to tell us that Ryback is not an ambassador for B.A.Star
- A steel cage lowers from the ceiling as we go to a commercial.
- A vignette runs for Los Matadores.
- Lilian Garcia introduces the cage match. You win by pin, submission, or escape. Daniel Bryan makes his entrance. Wade Barrett is out next.
Steel Cage: Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
They lock up and jockey for position. Bryan unloads with Yes Kicks in the corner then goes up for mounted shots. Wade kicks him off and punts him in the head. Barrett sends Bryan face-first into the steel for 2. Bryan moves and Barrett goes hard into the steel. Bryan flips off the top, over Barrett he is caught in a hard side slam. Barrett is in control as we go to commercial.
We're back to action with Barrett still in firm control. Bryan repeatedly slams Barrett's head into the steel and he delivers 3 consecutive dropkicks which makes the crowd erupt. Bryan tries to escape through the top but Barrett stops him. Bryan leaps off the top with a front dropkick for 2. Bryan unloads with Yes Kicks. Barrett ducks the last one and sends Bryan into the cage and takes his head off with a clothesline for 2. Barrett pulls Bryan from the top again for another near fall. Barrett starts to climb the cage but Bryan grabs his leg, Barrett knocks Bryan to the mat but Bryan goes right back up. Barrett straddles the cage. Bryan pulls him back inside. Bryan hits Yes Kicks up high. Bryan hits a powerbomb from the top rope. Bryan hits a running knee for the win.
Winner by pin: Daniel Bryan
Bryan celebrates around the ring with Yes chants. Randy Orton appears from under the ring and hits Bryan with an RKO from out of nowhere. Orton raises the title over his head as he stands over Bryan.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.