Re-Post: SmackDown Results With Video
- Back from a commercial to the Los Matadores vignette then a shot of Las Vegas.
- Vickie Guerrero yells at Daniel Bryan in her office and calls Bryan a bully for what he just did. She says bullies get bullied back. The camera pans to Ryback standing behind Bryan. He calls him a shrimp and says he can't stand bullies and that he will see him out there.
- Lilian Garcia introduces Ricardo. He says there are many shows in Vegas but this is the Whole Damn Show. He rolls his tongue for the "R" in Rob and introduces RVD. Damien Sandow comes out after a commercial and cuts a promo on Las Vegas on his way down. He says he is the uncrowned world champion and raises his MITB briefcase and sets it on the steel steps.
Rob Van Dam vs. Damien Sandow
RVD goes to work but Sandow cuts him off and sends him shoulder-first into the post. Sandow takes over with a mean streak and hits the Elbow of Disdain for 2. Show is still at ringside, not looking at the action, with his chin in his hands, staring out into nothingness like his world has just ended. Really great performance from Big Show tonight. I remember when he did a skit on SNL when Rock hosted in 2000. It was apparent at that moment that Paul Wight is a great actor, and versatile too. RVD his the 5 Star for the win.
Winner by pin: Rob Van Dam
Alberto Del Rio comes on the stage and cuts a promo. He says RVD is the #1 contender, only because of Ricardo. He says when you sleep with dogs you get fleas. He says RVD has Rolling Thunder but he is going to make it rain (Del Rio's a rapper now?) on his parade.
- The Shield is in the ring as we return to the show. Dolph Ziggler makes his entrance and walks by Show who just throws his hands up in the air and buries his head in his hands as he rocks back and forth. Just fantastic!
Handicap Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. The Shield
Ziggler comes out blazing and knocks Ambrose and Reigns off the apron and goes to work on Rollins. They soon take over and start to dissect Ziggler. Reigns hits a Samoan Drop for 2. He tags Ambrose who talks trash to Ziggler as he slowly strikes Ziggler on the mat. Ambrose sends Show a sly glance. Ziggler slaps Ambrose in the corner after some taunting and launches Ambrose to the floor. Ambrose tags Seth Rollins who sets up for Reigns to deliver a ridiculous (in a good way) spear. Reigns gets the pin.
Winners by pin: The Shield
The Shield taunt Big Show from in the ring and hit the triple powerbomb on Ziggler. Show has steam coming from the top of his head. The Shield makes their way back to wherever they come from.
- Lilian Garcia introduces Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel. Axel cuts a promo in the ring. His voice reminds me of "The Genius" Lanny Poffo. Axel sends to the sublime video of Heyman hitting Punk with the kendo stick whilst scolding him. Goosebumps, folks.
Heyman takes the mic and says he is not sorry. He says the fans voted him into a situation where he had to defend himself against CM Punk. Heyman takes credit for Punk's 400+ day title reign. He says Punk should worship him like the god that he is. He sells match at Night of Champions between him and Axel vs. Punk. He says he is scared out of his mind. He says if Punk gets his hands on him, we will never see Heyman again. This gets a pop. But he warns that if he did all this out of fatherly love, imagine what he will do when faced with a guaranteed beating.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.