Welcome to our ongoing results of tonight's WWE SmackDown. You all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Please help spread word of tonight's coverage. Twitter users, please share this page by clicking the 'Share' button below:
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- The intro runs and Michael Cole welcomes us to the show. The Big Show's music hits and he makes his way to the ring. We see footage of the closing moments from RAW. Big Show reads from a statement. He apologizes for his abhorrent behavior on Monday. He gets a sea of boos. He apologizes to HHH for not doing the simple job he was asked. He continues that he set a poor example as a locker room leader and also says sorry to the fans for letting them down. HHH's music hits.
Hunter stands on the stage and welcomes us to the show. He thanks Show for his apology but he doesn't feel it was sincere. He says he just needs Show to be professional. He says when the COO asks you to do something, you do it or it is grounds for dismissal. He says he is going to suspend Show for the night without pay. He tells the fans that this is a big deal because Show is broke. He motions for Show to get out of the ring. Show goes to step over the top rope as The Shield's music hits and the trio makes its way down, surrounding the ring.
The Shield jumps on Big Show and gets him down on his knees but he fights them off. Ambrose knocks Show out of the ring with a dropkick. Show stands on the announce table and uses it as higher ground. Roman Reigns hits Show with a chair in the leg but Show punches the chair on the second try. Show tosses Ambrose and Rollins off him and spears Reigns from the table. Show gets a loud chant and tosses Reigns in the ring. Rollins comes off the top and Show swats him down like a fly. Show goes for a KO to Seth but Roman Reigns hits him with a chair from behind.
Reigns unloads with repeated chairs to the back and lays Show out on the mat. Ambrose and Rollins pick Show up for the triple powerbomb with Reigns. The Shield stands over their prey.
- We are back from a break as AJ skips to ringside. Divas are already in the ring. AJ joins commentary.
JoJo, Cameron, and the other Bella are at ringside with Eva Marie. AJ continues to comment on the state of the Divas division and reality TV. Back and forth from the ladies. Natalya tags in against Aksana to a pop from the fans. AJ jumps in the ring and Natalya tosses her aside. The bell rings. AJ gets surrounded; she swings but Bella his her with a faceplant. Naomi takes AJ's head off with a leaping leg lariat. Natalya goes for a Sharpshooter but Layla, Aksana, and Alicia Fox pull AJ out of the ring.
Winners by disqualification: Natalya, Brie Bella, & Naomi
- SmackDown GM Vickie Guerrero is on her way out with an announcement.
Back from a commercial as Vickie introduces Dancing with the WWE Superstars. She brings out the first contestant, R-Truth. JBL annoyingly responds to his "What's Up?" over and over. The next contestant is Faandaango. The Miz interrupts with an afro wig and bell bottoms. He says tonight he is Mizco Inferno. He borrows a sequined pink jacket from a fan at ringside and puts it on. Vickie is ready to start as The Great Khali's music hits. He comes down and says he wants to dance. Vickie says the more the merrier. Truth does some breaking. Faandaango and Summer Rae do their usual thing. Cole spills the beans about the gimmick and says he's not even doing anything. Mizco Inferno twerks on the ropes to some booty shaking music. The crowd seems to like it. Khali does his usual thing. Vickie goes down the line for fan reactions. Faandaango gets booed heavily. The other gets decent cheers. Miz wins.
Faandaango says they are a disgrace to the art of dance and tells them to get off his dance floor. Faandaango gets knocked around and tosses out of the ring. The booty music hits again and Miz and Truth do the Kid 'N Play ankle dance. If you grew up in the 80's you would understand how funny and cool that is.
- A Los Matadores vignette runs.
- Cole says we are going to the back with an interview with the newest broadcast colleague, Ryback. Ryback says a lot of people don't know he is multi-talented. He says he is also a concert pianist with good linguistic skills. His guest is a guy named Robert Evans from "right here in Ottawa." He is a skinny, goofy guy in a pink singlet. He kind of looks like a goofy cross between Christian and Edge. Ryback asks his weight and height; 6'4", 180 lbs. Ryback says he probably has aspirations to one day compete in the WWE. Robert says yes. Ryback slaps him in the face and says everybody has dreams. He says his dreams are beating the holy hell out of people like him and kicks the guy in the gut. He asks Robert if he had anything to say and puts the mic in his face. Robert just groans and Ryback sends it back to Cole.
- We go to Vickie's office with Ricardo. She tells him he can't be in RVD's corner this Sunday. They speak Spanish as he complains. She agrees to let it happen and tells Ricardo that tonight RVD will be in his corner Ricardo faces Del Rio.
- Damien Sandow comes to the ring and cuts a promo on the Canadian fans. Santino makes his entrance.
Damien Sandow vs. Santino
Sandow takes control of Santino and stomps him on the mat. Side Russian leg Sweep from Sandow and The Elbow of Disdain. Santino kicks out and goes on a flurry. He drops a headbutt on Sandow and pulls out the Cobra. Santino strikes for the pin.
Winner by pin: Santino
Santino celebrates with the fans.
- Heyman and Axel are on the way out for the interview with Cole.
- Back from a commercial. Cole is in the ring. He introduces Heyman and Axel. Heyman looks very concerned. His eyes are extremely red and he is unshaven and distraught. Cole sends to a promo for the match with Punk. Cole asks how they are going to make sure Punk doesn't get his hands on Heyman on Sunday. Axel says all the speculation is ridiculous and that Punk can't beat him so Punk will never get his hands on Heyman.
Heyman says he is not a fighter but an advocate of peace. He calls for a public boycott of Night of Champions. The fans boo. Heyman asks if they really need to spend their money to see the destruction of Paul Heyman. The fans cheer. He says if they buy the PPV they are going to see Punk get his hands on him. Heyman says he knows Punk and he taught him and Punk will find a way to get his hands on him. Heyman says Punk is going to hand him such a beating... he pauses as the crowd reacts. Heyman says Punk will slaughter him to the point where we will never see Heyman again. This gets a loud cheer. Heyman says if this is the last time we see him, he will always love Punk but he will never forgive the fans. They sing 'Nah Nah Goodbye' as Heyman and Axel start to leave the ring.
- A replay from the opening segment runs.
- Alberto Del Rio comes to the ring as we go to a commercial.
- RVD's music hits after the break and he comes out with Ricardo in matching RVD shirts.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Ricardo Rodriguez
Del Rio goes to work on Ricardo with stomps on the mat and shoulders in the corner. Del Rio kicks Ricardo in the gut and the back of the head. Del Rio antagonizes RVD at ringside with "ADR" gestures. Ricardo rolls Del Rio up from behind for 2. Del Rio kicks him in the face and headbutts him repeatedly. Ricardo hits a dropkick out of the corner and connects with a tornado DDT for 2. RVD cheers Ricardo on. Ricardo goes up top but Del Rio knocks him off and kicks RVD through the ropes. Del Rio hits a front suplex off the top for the win.
Winner by pin: Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker to Ricardo. RVD comes to his rescue and lays out Del Rio with a kick to the face. RVD hits the 5 Star Frogsplash to Del Rio and poses with the World Title.
- We go to a video package/interview with HHH as he talks about Daniels Bryan's beatings and Cody Rhodes' firing. He talks about the burdens of his jobs and the decisions he has to make for business.
- Ziggler comes to the ring as we go to a commercial.
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler
Ambrose is in the ring as we return from a break. Ambrose backs Ziggler in the corner but Ziggler fights out. Ziggler hits a crossbody and unloads with strikes on the canvas. Ambrose escapes to the floor and gets the first-man-in advantage on Ziggler. Ziggler comes back and drops his 10 elbow spot on Ambrose as we go to a commercial.
Back from a break with Ambrose in control in the center of the mat. Ambrose comes off the 2nd buckle but Ziggler gets his boot up. Ziggler mounts Ambrose up top an unloads with strikes. Ziggler with a leaping lariat for 2. Ambrose applies a sleeper but Ziggler gets out and hits the Fame-asser. Seth and Roman hit the ring as the bell rings. The Usos come out to make the save to a huge pop. Vickie comes out and makes it a 6-Man Tag.
The Shield vs. Dolph Ziggler & The Usos
The match is in progress as we return from a break. Ambrose keeps Ziggler isolated from The Usos and he tags Seth Rollins for punishment in the corner. Roman Reigns tags in and headbutts Ziggler to the mat. Ziggler tries to make the tag but Reigns pulls him back. Ambrose tags back in and drives his forearm into Ziggler's face and dropkicks him in the chest. Ambrose charges again but Ziggler pulls the ropes down and Ambrose goes flying to the floor. Ziggler makes the hot tag to Jimmy Uso who turns it up against Seth. Rollins gets destroyed with a Samoan Drop but Ambrose breaks the pin attempt. Ambrose and Ziggler go flying to the floor. Reigns spears Uso but his brother hits Superkicks to Reigns and Rollins. He goes up top and flies off but Rollins gets his boot up and pins Uso.
Winners by pin: The Shield
- Back from a break for the Cutting Edge. Edge's music hits to a huge pop and he comes to the ring. Edge says HHH has allowed him to come out here and host the show because it is good for business. Edge says the only reason he is out here is for the people. He has no respect for HHH. Edge tells Christian he knows he is watching and when he comes back, Edge wants him to destroy the Shield. Edge says he asks the tough questions and he introduces first, the WWE Champion Randy Orton.
Edge introduces Daniel Bryan and the crowd goes wild. Edge asks Orton how it feels to be a sellout. Orton says Edge is jealous that he has been champ 10 times and he can't wrestle anymore. Edge reminds Orton that he is an 11 time champion and this is not about him. Orton tells Bryan he is not a sellout and he did what we all would have done. Daniel Bryan says he doesn't care what is best for business and tells Orton to shut up. He says he has been listening for weeks about how Orton is best for business. Bryan says the most important things in his life have nothing do with business: love, satisfaction, passion, dreams. Bryan says all he ever dreamed of was holding the WWE title. He says he will beat Orton this Sunday.
Orton says Bryan wants his title so bad he is going to help him. He shoves the title in Bryan's chest and mounts him for strikes. Bryan transitions into the Yes Lock. The ref's have to get Bryan off. Bryan celebrates with "Yes" chants in the ring as Orton backs up the ramp with his title. We fade to black but come right back as Edge looks in the camera and tells us not the change the channel because Haven is on. Bryan continues with Yes chants as we go off the air for real and Haven comes on.
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.