Thanks to WrestlingINC.com reader Ziad S. for sending in this report for last night's WWE live event in London, Ontario, Canada:
Based on the star power, I'd say WWE sent their "B"-team to London and sent their "A"-team to Saginaw. There was roughly between 3,500 and 4,000 fans there. The upper bowl was closed off while the lower bowl was moderately crowded. Almost every floor seat was occupied.
I sat second row from the corner to the right of where the announcers would normally sit if it were a taped event.
I arrived at roughly 6:00pm and decided to wait outside seeing as last year I had the opportunity to meet Ryback and Sheamus before the show. This year only Kofi Kingston decided to sign autographs about 45 minutes before the show. According to some of the fans who arrived earlier, the only other person who signed was Naomi, and she only signed a few.
The show started at 7:30 with the Canadian national anthem.
* Tony Chimel announces the first match, a 10 man Battle Royal with the winner facing Alberto Del Rio later that night for the World Heavyweight Championship. The contestants were; Justin Gabriel, Dolph Ziggler, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Damien Sandow, JTG, Bo Dallas, Big E, Hunico and Kofi Kingston. Fans were sending Big E mixed reactions during the entirety of the match. Many were unsure whether he was working as a face or a heel. Damien quickly escaped the ring with his MITB briefcase (he went under the bottom rope so he wasn't eliminated). The first elimination happened about 4 minutes into the match (can't remember who was the first eliminated). Big E power slammed every superstar in the ring to a great reaction from the fans. Dolph Ziggler and Hunico were last in the ring (Hunico was getting crazy heat from two fans in the front row). Dolph Ziggler eliminates Hunico. Sandow came running back in the ring and hit Dolph with his MITB briefcase. Damien copied Zigglers elbow drop, including the hair and the little dance. Ziggler finally eliminates Sandow and wins the match to a great reaction from the crowd. Winner: Dolph Ziggler.
Tony then reminded the fans about voting for the Divas match (between a dance off and a tag match). SOMEHOW the dance off won. The Funkadactyls and AJ Lee and Layla all came out. Layla danced very poorly, trying to garner some heat (again, very poorly). The Funkadactyls started to dance when AJ and Layla attacked them, thus prompting a match.
* The Funkadactyls vs AJ Lee & Layla. Naomi was in for at least 95% of the match when finally Cameron got the tag and pinned with the flying cross body. Winners: Funkadactyls.
* Triple Threat Match for NXT Championship: Justin Gabriel vs Bo Dallas vs Hunico. Justin Gabriel came out to a great reaction, high fived all the fans around the ring. Bo Dallas played the cocky face, going to high five the fans but moving his hands last minute. It's amazing how much Bo Dallas looks like his brother (Bray Wyatt). Hunico came out to some heat. Hunico and Bo Dallas teamed against Justin Gabriel for a vast majority of the match. Hunico turned on Bo Dallas and tried to pin him but Bo Dallas kicked out. Justin Gabriel hit the 450 splash on Hunico, but Bo Dallas came in and stole the pin. Winner: Bo Dallas. He left the ring to a mixed reaction but surprisingly high fived near the corner of the ring.
* The Usos & Kofi Kingston vs The Wyatt Family. I truly believe everyone in the arena was anxiously waiting for this match mainly because of Bray Wyatt. The Usos and Kofi got a good reaction but when the Wyatt Family's music hit, there was an eerie silence throughout the arena, really chilling effect. Eric Rowan started off the match with one of the Usos, but stood staring at the Usos in his sheep mask. This went on for about 3 minutes, until one Uso punched him in the face to knock off the mask. Rowan snapped and beat down the one Uso. The match went on for a while, some back and forth. Bray Wyatt did some great talking from ring side, yelling things like "ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU ASKED FOR" and "LETS HAVE SOME FUN". The Wyatt's were thrown outside the ring, at which time the other three (Usos and Kofi) all dived through the middle and top rope to a great reaction from the crowd. Finally after some back and forth, Bray Wyatt tagged himself in and quickly took advantage of a hurt Uso and hit the Sister Abigail for the win. They truly had a great reaction from the crowd and you can tell the crowd loved every minute of the match.
There was a 15 minute intermission.
JTG came out to his old Cryme Tyme music. The crowd was unsure as to how to react to him until he started making fun of the crowd and being cocky. I decided to yell back asking him where Shad was and all that. The Great Khali's music hit to another great reaction from the crowd. Let me tell you he's huge. He came by to high five us and i realized his hand was the size of my face. He was having trouble walking though.
* JTG vs Great Khali Quick match. Khali would slap JTG on the chest and would ask the crowd if they wanted him to do it again. He did that about 2 more times. Khali finished off JTG with the brain chop and pinned. Khali left the ring dancing. Winner: Great Khali
* Damien Sandow came out and began to draw some heat by making fun of Canada. He probably garnered the most heat out of all the heels. All around me were people yelling "SILENCE" and 'YOU'RE WELCOME" to him. He then made fun of Big E to draw some more heat. Big E came out to a good reaction from the crowd. It was a good match with some great back and forth. Big E finally won with the Big Ending (which I failed to see sadly because my attention was elsewhere).
Big E trash talked Sandow and said every one in the arena is more of a man than Sandow is. He left to a good reaction, high fiving some fans.
* Main Event: WHC match- Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler. Del Rio came out first to some boos here and there. Many of the fans around the arena were chanting for him, including the two gentlemen in the front row who were trash talking Hunico earlier. Del Rio surprisingly high fived a lot of fans as well. He took a kids Dolph Ziggler sign in the front row and poured beer onto it. He then ripped it up and through it in the air (again to a decent reaction from the crowd). Del Rio announced that he needed someone who could speak spanish to introduce him (he went to the Hunico trash talking fans in the front row). Very good introduction, he needs to hire this dude as his ring announcer. I honestly couldn't tell as to whether Del Rio was trying to work as a heel or a face, very perplexing stuff. Ziggler came out to a nice pop from the crowd, high fiving a lot of fans as well. Del Rio spent the first 3 minutes of the match bantering with Ziggler and taunting the fans as to who is gonna get his shirt. Finally he decided not to throw it anywhere. Ziggler went down to the kid whose sign got ripped up and gave them a hug and gave them his shirt. Del Rio tried to shake hands with Ziggler but everyone in the crowd started to chant "NO NO NO". Del rio told the fans to shut up, and got down on his knees to show he wasn't gonna attack. Ziggler decided to kick him in the head instead.
Finally the match gets underway. Del Rio had some great offence and Ziggler's over acting made it even better. Del Rio kicked Ziggler in the head and something flew out of Ziggle'rs mouth (probably his gum). Del Rio through Ziggler onto the top turnbuckle and again something flew out his mouth. Ziggler set up Del rio on the top rope and gave him a super german suplex to a wonderful reaction from the crowd. Ziggler got thrown up by a flapjack from Del Rio and landed flat on his face. Del Rio grabbed the ref and through him onto Ziggler, which distracted Ziggler and let Del Rio do the Cross Arm Breaker. Ziggler tapped but the ref reversed his decision and decided ADR was disqualified for pulling the Refs shirt and throwing him on Ziggler. Del rio tried to hit ziggler with a chair but ziggler moved and hit del rio with a Zig Zag. He came out and high-fived all the fans, signed some autographs, took some pictures, and sent the fans home happy.
Over all a good show, not too many big stars, but some great matches.
1. Dolph Ziggler
2. Great Khali
3. Justin Gabriel
4. Bray Wyatt
1. Damien Sandow
2. Alberto Del Rio