Pictured: The Shield | Photo Credit: Cody Reid | Send Us Your Photo
* Lilian Garcia comes out for SmackDown. JBL gets cheered while Michael Cole is met with mostly boos.
* A recap from Night of Champions and RAW is shown first. Vickie Guerrero is in the ring to open SmackDown. Loud boos when she says "Excuse Me!" She welcomes us to SmackDown. As the General Manager, she needs to make this show the most thrilling, best ever. She's here to introduce to someone. She repeats the WWE Championship title holder streaks. She introduced Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he would much rather be champion for 1 day then be a corporate suck up. Vickie says she is his boss & giving him an opportunity to come clean. Daniel says they both know he did nothing wrong. Vickie questions it & said he needs to come forward & tell the truth. Daniel asked if she wants the truth, and gave her it & said he kneed Orton in the face & the ref could have counted to 20 because Orton was knocked out. He said he should still be WWE Champion. Vickie says she could have fired Daniel & hopes he never becomes the face of WWE. Daniel said everyone here should be happy Vickie has no power. Vickie said Daniel deserved to be beat up by The Shield. She shows us photos of all the superstars who helped Bryan on RAW Monday. She said we will have all 10 superstars plus Bryan in an 11 on 3 gauntlet match. One man will face all 3 members of The Shield at once until that person is defeated. She said she's saving Daniel for last & laughs victoriously. She leaves & the crowd chants asshole.
* Ryback will be in action later tonight.
* They show a commercial for John Cena's app.
* Ryback comes out with Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel. His opponent is some local guy named Nick from Cincinnati. Paul Heyman speaks and says that we know the big news - He's the best in the world. He would like to give credit to CM Punk for giving him all he could handle at Night of Champions. He says our hero at Night of Champions wasn't CM Punk and the winner of the match was Paul Heyman. He could not have done it without his hero. Ryback says Paul is gracious and doesn't need to be picked on by Punk. Ryback said he hates bullies. Ryback says Nick tried to intimidate little kids and wants him to intimidate Ryback. Ryback squashes the guy & picks up the victory in less than two minutes.
* Randy Orton comes out. He says at Night of Champions, Daniel Bryan & Scott Armstrong conspired to steal the WWE Title from him. He takes all the blame and says the last two years he went deep down and thought we and the company wanted him to be like John Cena. He said he locked the way the viper because he thought that's what everyone wanted. He said he want back to the viper that he was 3 years ago and made an example out of The Miz so we'd know who he really and truly is. The recap from RAW is shown and Orton said let that stand to a warning to anyone who thinks they will get in his path. He said after Battleground he will be champion and he is going to end the war between himself & Daniel Bryan. He promises to be our, no, not ours, once again promises to be his WWE Champion. The Shield comes out for their Gauntlet Match.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/A4Jq9l
Roddy Piper's Past Prophetic Comments About His Mortality, Piper "Bloodstained Memoirs" Scene
Videos: Diaz Brothers Involved In Pair Of Brawls At MMA Event
The Rock Praises Kevin Owens Match, Bob Orton Remembers Roddy Piper, Paige Media For Haircut
WWE Hall Of Famer Talks Cheering Roddy Piper Up Recently, Legends Of Wrestling Photos, More
JBL Responds To Dana White's "Fake" Comments, Lita Talks To Sara Lee, Dana Brooke, Chelsea - Amanda
Cesaro Does Ropes Course In A Suit, WWE On The "Next John Cena", The Streak, Tanner - Mada Promos
Today In Wrestling History 8/2: Ron Simmons Wins WCW Title, Famous 1996 G1 Climax Kicks Off
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
WWE Officials Reportedly Want Tough Enough Competitor To Be Eliminated Next Tuesday
WWE Star Takes Homeless Couple To Restaurant, Returns With Big Group Due To "Distant" Manager
Update On New Gimmicks For Several WWE Talents