WWE held its second back-to-back live event in the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. Here is the report for Sunday's event.
1) Opening the show for the second night in a row was Tons of Funk, Brodus Clay and Sweet T. After a couple of minutes of dancing to "Somebody Call My Momma," two-thirds of the 3MB, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal make their way to the ring. The match consisted of the two behemoths manhandling their opponents. Sweet T picked up the victory after landing the splash on Jinder Mahal. Winners: Tons of Funk.
2) The following match was for the NXT championship and featured Bo Dallas vs. Antonio Cesaro. Cesaro did not have his fellow companions with him but he sported the "Don't Tread on Me" flag as a cape as he ran to the ring. In the match, Cesaro attempted to spin Bo Dallas but could only do so for around 5 seconds. Bo executed a springboard corner bulldog and picked up the victory. Winner: Bo Dallas.
3) Next up was the sole Divas match featuring Brie Bella and Alicia Fox. Brie Bella was the obvious fan favorite racking up one of the biggest pops of the night. The night before, Brie Bella was the heel after attacking Alicia Fox from behind. However, Sunday night, Brie Bella was the face Diva being attacked by Alicia Fox as soon as she entered the ring. The audience booed Alicia Fox as she made her way up the ramp. Bella picked up a microphone and said that no one attacks a Bella and walks away. She referred to herself as a "Latina," and the crowd cheered even more. Nevertheless, Brie Bella picked up the win after hitting Fox with the Bella Buster. Winner: Brie Bella.
4) Fandango vs. Justin Gabriel was the next match. During the match, Fandango kept spilling out to ringside to take a breather and even grabbed a microphone to ask the crowd to be "Quiet, please." Justin Gabriel went up the turnbuckle several times but was never able to hit his finisher. He later hit an amazing Springboard 450° Splash from the ropes for the win. Winner: Justin Gabriel
Next, Tony Chimel introduces the Special Guest for the night, Rey Mysterio who made his way to the ring in one crutch. He mentions the late Eddie Guerrero starting a momentary "Eddie" chant. Rey cuts his promo in mostly Spanish and tells the audience there is only a few weeks left until his return on October 16th. He will start his WWE tour in Mexico. After yelling "Arriba La Raza!" Mysterio begins to exit the ring. The Shield's music hits and they make their way down through the crowd. Rey holds his crutch, prepared to use it as a weapon. Before Rollins and Reigns begin the attack, the Big Show comes to the ring and saves the Rey.
5) These events set up the Handicap match between the Shield and Big Show. Although Big Show was at one point only a second away from being counted out, he picks up the win after Chokeslamming Seth Rollins.
6) After Intermission, Hunico and Camacho face the odd partners of R-Truth and The Great Khali. This match consisted of lots of Khali Brain Chops and even more "What's ups." To end the match, Khali picked up Hunico for the Punjabi Plunge. Winners: R-Truth & The Great Khali.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/Lm0aM7
Kurt Angle Q&A: Who Was Tougher - Steve Austin Or Brock Lesnar?, Neck Surgery Complications, More
Tag Team Main Event On WWE SmackDown, Kevin Nash Special Tonight, Stephanie McMahon In Las Vegas
Mada On Being Angry At His WWE Tough Enough Elimination, The Miz Saving Amanda, What's Next, More
Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Results For Tonight
Michael Cole Reportedly Meeting With Current GFW Personality At Upcoming WWE Tapings
Video: Theme And Matches For Next Week's TNA Impact Wrestling Episode
Ring Of Honor Adopting Women's Division?
John Cena Injury Update From Last Night's RAW
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
Sting Not Appearing At WWE SummerSlam After All?, Speculation Among WWE Talents Backstage
Scott Steiner Gives His Thoughts On Hulk Hogan Controversy And Racism
JTG Talks How Black Wrestlers Are Portrayed In WWE, How Cryme Tyme Gimmick Happened