WWE held its second back-to-back live event in the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. Here is the report for Sunday's event.
1) Opening the show for the second night in a row was Tons of Funk, Brodus Clay and Sweet T. After a couple of minutes of dancing to "Somebody Call My Momma," two-thirds of the 3MB, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal make their way to the ring. The match consisted of the two behemoths manhandling their opponents. Sweet T picked up the victory after landing the splash on Jinder Mahal. Winners: Tons of Funk.
2) The following match was for the NXT championship and featured Bo Dallas vs. Antonio Cesaro. Cesaro did not have his fellow companions with him but he sported the "Don't Tread on Me" flag as a cape as he ran to the ring. In the match, Cesaro attempted to spin Bo Dallas but could only do so for around 5 seconds. Bo executed a springboard corner bulldog and picked up the victory. Winner: Bo Dallas.
3) Next up was the sole Divas match featuring Brie Bella and Alicia Fox. Brie Bella was the obvious fan favorite racking up one of the biggest pops of the night. The night before, Brie Bella was the heel after attacking Alicia Fox from behind. However, Sunday night, Brie Bella was the face Diva being attacked by Alicia Fox as soon as she entered the ring. The audience booed Alicia Fox as she made her way up the ramp. Bella picked up a microphone and said that no one attacks a Bella and walks away. She referred to herself as a "Latina," and the crowd cheered even more. Nevertheless, Brie Bella picked up the win after hitting Fox with the Bella Buster. Winner: Brie Bella.
4) Fandango vs. Justin Gabriel was the next match. During the match, Fandango kept spilling out to ringside to take a breather and even grabbed a microphone to ask the crowd to be "Quiet, please." Justin Gabriel went up the turnbuckle several times but was never able to hit his finisher. He later hit an amazing Springboard 450° Splash from the ropes for the win. Winner: Justin Gabriel
Next, Tony Chimel introduces the Special Guest for the night, Rey Mysterio who made his way to the ring in one crutch. He mentions the late Eddie Guerrero starting a momentary "Eddie" chant. Rey cuts his promo in mostly Spanish and tells the audience there is only a few weeks left until his return on October 16th. He will start his WWE tour in Mexico. After yelling "Arriba La Raza!" Mysterio begins to exit the ring. The Shield's music hits and they make their way down through the crowd. Rey holds his crutch, prepared to use it as a weapon. Before Rollins and Reigns begin the attack, the Big Show comes to the ring and saves the Rey.
5) These events set up the Handicap match between the Shield and Big Show. Although Big Show was at one point only a second away from being counted out, he picks up the win after Chokeslamming Seth Rollins.
6) After Intermission, Hunico and Camacho face the odd partners of R-Truth and The Great Khali. This match consisted of lots of Khali Brain Chops and even more "What's ups." To end the match, Khali picked up Hunico for the Punjabi Plunge. Winners: R-Truth & The Great Khali.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/Lm0aM7
CM Punk Match Revealed For Upcoming WWE NXT DVD, WWE NXT TV Tapings News, Xavier Woods
WWE RAW Viewership Drops Under 3 Million
Injured NXT Star Advertised For NXT's UK Tour
WWE Hall Of Famer Says He's Close To Becoming A Former Fan Of WWE
Jon Jones Says Vitor Belfort Was On Steroids For Their Fight And The UFC Knew About It
Former WCW Announcer Rips Michael Cole And JBL, Talks WWE Using Reid Flair's Death For Angle
WWE Tough Enough Competitor Recently Injured At The WWE Performance Center
WWE Survivor Series Results - New WWE World Heavyweight Champions, The Undertaker, More
Rumors On Two Possible RAW Returns, WWE Fans On Roman Reigns - Triple H, The Undertaker Update
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - New WWE World Champion Arrives, Superstar Returns, New Day, More
Seth Rollins On The Undertaker And WWE Survivor Series, ISIS Threat Cancels Concert, WWE - Madden
WWE Star Returns At Survivor Series, WWE Network Issues Tonight, Triple H Note