Photo From The Rock's Movie, Kane To Become A Horror Movie Icon?, News On Miz's TV Movie
- A quick reminder that Kane and Hornswoggle will be appearing at the New York Comic-Con this Sunday at 1:30pm as part of the "Halloween Horror Panel" presented by WWE Studios. The Soska Sisters, who are directing Kane in See No Evil 2, and Zach Lipovsky, who is directing Hornswoggle in Leprechaun: Origins, will also be a part of the panel. You can get more details at newyorkcomiccon.com.
- Speaking of The Soska Sisters, they spoke to Fangoria.com about See No Evil 2 and their desire to make Jacob Goodnight, Kane's character in the movie, a horror movie icon.
"It was a key consideration of ours to take the character and bring him to the level of Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger and Jason Vorhees," Jennifer Soska said. "He has all the makings of a horror icon, and the most important thing for us was to bring him there. Some people have been saying it's going to be just another slasher film, or since he's in a morgue it's going to be a haunted house-esque movie. But I can guarantee you that everything people are expecting is going to be blown away when the film comes out."
- In other wrestling-related movie news, ABC Family issued the following press release with news on the WWE Studios TV movie Christmas Bounty, which stars The Miz.
It's Almost the Most Wonderful Time of the Year When ABC Family Kicks Off Its Annual "Countdown to 25 Days Of Christmas" on Wednesday, November 20
Burbank, CA (October 11, 2012) - As part of its annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" programming event, ABC Family presents the original action-comedy movie "Christmas Bounty," starring WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and Francia Raisa (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of The American Teenager"), premiering on Tuesday, November 26 at 7:00pm ET/PT.
Former bounty hunter turned elementary school teacher Tory Bell (Raisa) was ready for a new life when she left the family business behind and moved to Manhattan. But when an old enemy is released from jail and vows retribution on Tory and her loved ones, she returns to New Jersey to take care of him once and for all. When Tory's upper-class fiancé, James, follows her home for Christmas, she tries to keep her bounty hunting ways a secret, but the plan backfires when James unwittingly becomes involved in the Bells' mission. Further complicating matters, Tory must work closely with her ex-boyfriend, Mike (Mizanin) to bring down their target and keep James out of certain danger. But as Tory becomes further entrenched in her old life, she finds herself torn between whom she once was and her plans for the future. Will Tory choose her new life with James, or will the thrill of bounty hunting and unresolved feelings for Mike prove too powerful to ignore?
"Christmas Bounty" was produced in partnership with WWE Studios and was written by Claudia Grazioso and Andrew Black & Vivian Lee. The movie was executive produced by Michael J. Luisi, co-executive produced by Richard Lowell and Marc Bienstock, and directed by Gil Junger.
"Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" airs Wednesday, November 20 - Saturday, November 30. Other highlights include:
* Wednesday, November 26, 4:00pm -11:00pm ET/PT: Good grief! It's the Charlie Browniest of marathons, kicking off with the ABC Family premiere of "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown," (4:00pm ET/PT) which follows the Peanuts gang on an exhilarating adventure where they face a bunch of cheating bullies while competing in a river raft race. The marathon continues with "Snoopy Come Home" (5:30pm ET/PT), followed by the ABC Family premiere of "Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown" (7:30pm ET/PT). In "Bon Voyage," Charlie and his friends head across the pond to France to participate in a two-week exchange program. The night ends with "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" (9:00pm ET/PT).
* Saturday, November 30 at 8:00pm ET/PT: Concluding a magical three-day Harry Potter marathon, it's the network television premiere of "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2." The boy wizard's final adventure concludes with the climactic ultimate battle between "The Boy Who Lived" and the Dark Lord Voldemort.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/tv7HmA