'TNA Bound For Glory' Results - New Champions Crowned, EC III Debuts, More
Angle takes Roode back to the top and they both go down with an Angle Slam. The back of Angle's head hit hard and he didn't move. Roode covers for the win.
Winner: Bobby Roode
- After the bell, Roode is slow to get up and Angle still hasn't moved. Referees and a crew member check on Angle. We see Angle's fingers moving but that's it. Trainers come down to check on him as Roode leaves the ring. They put a neck brace on Angle but he takes it off. They load him onto a stretcher but he gets off it at ringside. Angle walks up the ramp on his own and waves to the fans as his music plays.
- We see AJ Styles backstage getting ready for the main event.
- Bully Ray is shown talking to members of Aces & 8s but we never see any of their faces. He talks about how tonight is all about Aces & 8s.
Ethan Carter III vs. Norv Pernum
We go to the ring and out comes Ethan Carter III for his debut. His opponent is announced as being from San Diego and his name is Norv Pernum. Norv can't weigh 150 lbs. and doesn't look like much competition.
Carter controls Norv, who was hand-picked by Aunt Dixie. Stalling and a slow-paced start here. Norv works on Ethan's arm but gets dropped with a forearm. Ethan beats Norv down in the corner now. Ethan rubs Norv's face into the mat and the fans aren't into this one. Ethan gets the easy win.
Winner: Ethan Carter III
- JB talks backstage to Magnus. He says he's knocking on Sting's door and will not leave until he's satisfied. Magnus says Sting is a legend with nothing to lose. Magnus says he has everything to lose and has a date with destiny. We get a vignette for their match.
Sting vs. Magnus
Sting is out first followed by Magnus. Lots of back and forth to start the match. Magnus keeps Sting grounded with a leg scissors.
Sting eventually applies the Scorpion submission. They both go down after colliding with clotheslines. Magnus comes back and uses some of Sting's own moves on him. 2 count for Magnus. More back and forth. Sting with the Scorpion again but it's broken. Magnus misses a top rope elbow drop. Magnus blocks the Scorpion Death Drop with elbows. Sting falls face first after so many elbows to the face.
Sting tells Magnus to bring it. Magnus ducks a clothesline and applies the Cloverleaf on Sting. Sting tries to reach the ropes but finally taps out to end the match.
- After the match, Magnus hits the ropes to pose as Sting gets up. Magnus looks to be ignoring Sting as he continues his celebration. They end up shaking hands and Magnus walks off.
- JB is backstage with Bully Ray and Brooke. Ray says he wants something worse than death to happen to AJ tonight. Ray rips on AJ's family and welcomes AJ to his jungle.
- Another promo for tonight's main event.
No DQ Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray
We go to the ring and out first comes AJ Styles to a decent pop. Out next comes TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray with Brooke. We get official ring introductions from JB.
The bell rings and they lock up. Ray takes AJ to the corner and they break. Ray talks trash and says AJ doesn't belong in the ring. More stalling but they go at it. Ray knocks AJ down with a big clothesline and talks some more trash. AJ fights back with right hands. They run the ropes and AJ nails a big dropkick as the crowd pops. AJ applies the Calf Killer. Garett Bischoff runs down and gets on the apron. A distracted AJ breaks the submission hold. AJ backs Garett up the ramp. Ray gets to his feet in the ring and has grabbed a hammer. AJ comes back to the ring and blocks the hammer shot. AJ picks up the hammer but Ray blocks it. Ray with a big chop to the chest.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/G2Vrln