Revenues of $113.3 million grew 9% versus the prior year quarter as the Company experienced growth both in North America and in international markets. North American revenues increased 9% from the prior year quarter driven by the production and licensing of new television programs. Revenues from outside North America increased 7% driven by the impact of scheduling seven additional events in international markets, and contractual increases in international television agreements, which more than offset lower sales of licensed consumer products. Revenue in the current year quarter was negatively impacted by approximately $1 million due to changes in foreign exchange rates.
Live and Televised Entertainment
Revenues from Live and Televised Entertainment businesses increased 13% to $89.5 million primarily due to the expansion of rights fees from the production and licensing of new television programming, contractual increases from existing programs and changes in the mix of live events.
- Live Event revenues increased 10% to $25.0 million primarily due to changes in the mix of events, with a higher proportion of international events, which are typically characterized by higher average attendance and ticket prices than events in North America.
- There were 76 total events in the quarter, including 62 events in North America and 14 events in international markets, as compared to 77 events in the prior year quarter, including 70 events in North America and 7 events in international markets.
- North American events generated revenues of $17.5 million as compared to $17.0 million in the prior year quarter representing an increase of $0.5 million as a 9% rise in average ticket prices to $46.78 and 6% higher average attendance to 5,500 attendees were partially offset by the scheduling of eight fewer events in the quarter.
- International live events generated revenues of $7.5 million as compared to $5.8 million in the prior year quarter, with the scheduling of 7 additional events in the quarter. Partially offsetting the impact of holding more events, average international ticket prices decreased 26% to $72.30 and average attendance decreased 20% to approximately 6,700 from 8,400 in the prior year quarter. The decreases in average ticket price and average attendance were due in part to changes in territory mix as the incremental events in the period were concentrated in South Africa, a region that has shown a high proportion of WWE fans, but that has experienced significant economic challenges. In addition, changes in foreign exchange rates contributed to the reduction in average ticket price.
- Venue Merchandise revenues decreased 11% to $4.0 million from $4.5 million in the prior year quarter primarily due to a 9% reduction in total domestic (U.S.) attendance, reflecting fewer events during the quarter and an 11% decline in per capita merchandise sales at those events to $9.53 in the current year quarter.
- Pay-Per-View revenues were $14.6 million as compared to $16.3 million in the prior year quarter, down 10%, primarily due to the performance of the Company's SummerSlam event, which contributed to a 9% reduction in buys for the comparable quarter events.
- Television revenues increased 30% to $44.1 million from $34.0 million in the prior year quarter primarily due to the production and monetization of new programs, including Total Divas and WWE Main Event, and to a somewhat lesser degree, contractual increases for existing programs both domestically and internationally. Total Divas, a new original series, began airing on the E! Network in July, 2013 while WWE Main Event was licensed to and began airing on ION Television in the fourth quarter 2012.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/p9Gct1
Daniel Bryan Haircut Photos, Does Linda McMahon Plan On Running For Office Again?, Kyle Edwards
Sgt. Slaughter Talks 2016 WWE Hall Of Fame, Current WWE Roster, What He Does With WWE Now, Freebirds
Jerry Lawler On Why He Turned Heel, WWE RAW Top 10, WWE Tapings Reminder, Booker T - Jake Roberts
Backstage News On WWE NXT Superstars And A Diva Coming To The Main Roster Soon
James Storm On If WWE Run Is A Goal, Triple H Being Dream Opponent, Why He Never Got Tattoos
Limited WWE Crew For SmackDown, WWE Filming "Game Night" Today, House Of Hardcore, WWE Stock
How Was WWE RAW Viewership With Daniel Bryan's Retirement Speech?
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Daniel Bryan Retires, Fastlane Contract Signing, Divas, More
Huge Name Set For Tomorrow Night's Raw From Seattle (Photo)
Daniel Bryan Reportedly Tried To Give WWE His Notice, Was Blocked From Doing So
Backstage Notes And Speculation On Daniel Bryan's WWE Retirement, Contract Status
Vince McMahon Comments On Daniel Bryan's WWE Retirement
Backstage Video Of Daniel Bryan With Family At RAW, CM Punk Reacts To His Retirement, More On Bryan
Daniel Bryan Announces His Retirement