Revenues from Consumer Products businesses decreased 15% to $13.4 million from $15.8 million in the prior year quarter, primarily due to declines in the Company's video game licensing and Home Entertainment businesses as described below.
- Licensing revenues were $5.7 million as compared to $7.1 million in the prior year quarter, driven primarily by a 24% reduction in video game shipments that resulted in a $1.3 million decline in video game royalties. Shipments of the Company's annual franchise video game, WWE '13, which was the last release developed by THQ, declined to 178,000 units as compared to 233,000 units for the corresponding game in the prior year quarter. Royalties from the sale of toy and apparel products were essentially flat to the prior year quarter, as modest growth in the U.S. was offset by lower sales in international markets. Additionally, a new installment of the Company's video game, WWE 2K14, was released by Take-Two Interactive in late October 2013.
- Home Entertainment net revenues were $5.2 million as compared to $6.4 million in the prior year quarter. Domestic home entertainment revenue fell approximately $0.8 million, or 15%, reflecting a 23% decline in shipments to approximately 720,000 units with 5 fewer releases in the quarter (7 in Q3 2013 vs. 12 in Q3 2012). The decline in shipments was partially offset by a 4% increase in the average price per unit to $11.41. Revenue from international licensing activities declined by approximately $0.4 million reflecting lower sales in Canada and the transition to a new licensee in the EMEA region.
- Magazine Publishing net revenues were $1.5 million as compared to $1.6 million in the prior year quarter.
Revenues from Digital Media businesses increased 15% to $8.6 million as compared to $7.5 million in the prior year quarter.
- WWE.com revenues increased 19% to $5.7 million in the quarter due to higher sales of advertising and digital content, including the Company's pay-per-view events, across various digital platforms. Supporting the growth in advertising, key digital metrics such as unique visitors to the Company's website and mobile app, average monthly page views, and CPMs (a measure of pricing) increased from the prior year quarter. The Company launched digital distribution of its pay-per-view events on the Microsoft Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 in April 2013 and on the Sony Entertainment Network on PlayStation 3 in August 2013.
- WWEShop revenues increased to $2.9 million in the quarter as compared to $2.7 million in the prior year quarter based on an 11% increase in the volume of online merchandise sales to approximately 59,800 orders. The average revenue per order increased 2% to $48.87 in the current year quarter.
WWE Studios recognized revenue of $1.8 million as compared to revenue of $1.9 million in the prior year quarter reflecting the timing of results generated by the Company's overall portfolio of movies. Five films have been released during the first nine months of 2013, which compares to three releases during the first nine months of 2012. Revenues for current projects will be recognized on a net basis as participation statements are received from distribution partners rather than upon release as was the case with the Company's self-distributed movies. In general, for movies that are not self-distributed, the Company does not expect to begin recognizing revenue until four to six months after release. As such, the recognition of revenue related to the most recent releases, including 12 Rounds 2: Reloaded and The Call is not expected to begin until the fourth quarter 2013 or early 2014.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/p9Gct1
Reports On Nia Jax And Her Status With WWE Reportedly Overblown, More On Her Return To Action
Ring Of Honor Episode 317 Recap: The Kingdom Vs. Search And Destroy, World Title Match, Kushida
Kevin Owens Pulled From Weekend WWE Live Events
Impact Wrestling Announces Departure Of Former Title Holder Who Recently Returned To The Company
Dash Wilder Takes Shot At The Young Bucks, Sasha Banks On What Asuka Match Would Mean, WWE - Indiana
Jim Ross Says He Believes Conor McGregor Will Eventually Be In WWE
Bullet Club Member Adam "Hangman" Page Says He'll Never Watch WWE Again, Take Jimmy Jacobs In ROH
Current WWE TLC Betting Odds: Are The Shield Favored In Their Return?, Asuka A Heavy Favorite, More
Backstage Updates On Why Neville Is Unhappy With WWE, His Wrestling Future, Vince McMahon's Reaction
More WWE Wrestlers Looking To Leave?, Funny Roman Reigns - Vince McMahon WWE 2K18 Video, WWE Shop
Backstage News On Why Nia Jax Is Unhappy With WWE, Leverage Due To Her Relation To The Rock, More
Why Bray Wyatt And Bo Dallas Have Missed WWE Events, John Cena Selling Lamborghini, Daniel Bryan
Alexa Bliss On Why Nia Jax Has Been Away From WWE
Sting On The Undertaker's Reaction About A Match With Him, Relationship With Vince McMahon, WCW
Backstage Notes On Jinder Mahal Vs. Brock Lesnar At WWE Survivor Series, Lesnar's Rumble Opponent
Backstage Updates On Nia Jax's WWE Status, Natalya Taunts Charlotte Flair, Nikki Bella - WWE 2K18