WWE Monday Night RAW Results - 2013 Slammys, Championship Ascension Ceremony
Back from the break and Del Rio has taken control. Cara comes back with a dropkick from the corner for a 2 count. More back and forth. Del Rio with a backbreaker. The fans really get into this one and chant "this is awesome" at one point. Lots of back and forth. Cara ends up hitting a powerbomb out of the corner and the big swanton for the pin.
Winner: Sin Cara
- We go to the stage and out come Darren Young and Titus O'Neil to present the Slammy Award for Fan Participation of the Year. The Prime Time Players do their Millions of Dollars dance and talk about it not getting nominated. The nominees are Yes! Yes! Yes!, What's Up!, Fandango-ing and Let's go Cena/Cena sucks. Voting is now open on the WWE App. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we go back to the stage with The Prime Time Players. Bryan gets the Slammy Award and comes out with only one thing to say - "YES!"
Brodus Clay vs. Xavier Woods
Back from the break and as soon as the bell rings Xavier Woods attacks Brodus Clay and they go at it. Clay hits a big powerbomb out of nowhere. Clay hits a big splash from the second rope for the quick win.
Winner: Brodus Clay
- After the bell, Clay attacks Woods and drops elbow and splashes off him. R-Truth and Tensai try to drag him off of Woods. Truth checks on Woods as Tensai holds Clay in the corner. Clay leaves by himself and says it's all about him now.
- We go to the stage and out comes The Miz to present the Slammy Award for Insult of the Year. The nominees are AJ Lee's pipe bombshell, Zeb Colter's various rants, Paul Heyman's rants on CM Punk and Stephanie McMahon running Big Show down. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
- We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk to a big pop. He will face Dean Ambrose after the commercial break.
CM Punk vs. Dean Ambrose
Back from the break and The Shield comes through the crowd. The Miz reveals the Insult of the Year winner and it's Stephanie McMahon. She thanks fans for realizing what's best for business. We go to the ring and The Shield is getting ready. Punk and Ambrose lock up and trade holds.
More back and forth. Ambrose drops Punk with a shoulder but Punk comes back, takes Ambrose to the mat and works on his arm. They go to the corner but Punk keeps control of the arm and drops an armbar for a 2 count. Ambrose keeps coming back but Punk focuses on his arm. Punk with knees to the chest now. Ambrose runs into a big boot. Punk goes to the top for a crossbody but lands on Ambrose's knee and hits hard. Ambrose with a 2 count. Ambrose with an elbow drop and another 2 count. Ambrose works Punk over as Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns look on.
Ambrose with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Ambrose keeps control and takes Punk back to the corner for another big shoulder thrust. Ambrose goes for another but Punk moves and he hits the ring post. Punk goes for GTS but he's hurt and Ambrose slides out, going to the floor to regroup. Ambrose tries to come back in but Punk knocks him off the apron. Punk nails a suicide dive to the floor, sending Ambrose into the barrier. Rollins and Reigns begin to close in on Punk as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is working over Punk's ribs. Ambrose keeps Punk grounded with a headlock now. Punk fights out with a back drop. They get to their feet and trade shots. Punk misses a dropkick. Punk finally comes back and drops Ambrose again. Punk with more offense and the big knee in the corner. Punk goes up top and hits the big elbow drop for a 2 count. Ambrose blocks GTS again and nails a suplex for 2. Punk hits a big crossbody but Ambrose rolls through for a 2 count. Punk nails a roundhouse kick for another close 2 count. Fans start the "this is awesome" chant up. Punk goes for GTS but it's blocked once again. Ambrose with a shot to the ribs and out goes Punk to the floor again. Ambrose distracts the referee while Reigns and Rollins approach Punk and taunt him. Ambrose comes back over and argues with Rollins and Reigns, apparently about not hitting Punk while the ref was distracted. Ambrose brings Punk back in as Rollins and Reigns go to leave. Punk rolls Ambrose up for 2. Punk has GTS blocked again. Punk comes back and nails GTS for the win.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/V1DWS8