Source: F4WOnlineWWE's Chief Strategy and Financial Officer George Barrios spoke at the UBS Annual Global Media and Communications Conference today. Here are some notes:
* If WWE were to leave USA Network, USA would go from #1 in prime-time to #4 or #5, which gives WWE leverage.
* Barrios said any top 50 network could pick up RAW or SmackDown and it would get them into the top 10
* WWE viewers watch their TV shows like a sports shows and sports are getting big increases in rights fees.
* They still may start the WWE Network on TV and not the internet. On the internet, WWE still needs 1 million subscribers per month to break even because there are additional costs they wouldn't have running a network on TV.
* They are hoping to sign new contracts for RAW and SmackDown by the end of April.
* Barrios noted that WWE gets one-fifth to one-tenth the money for their programming per viewer watching than NHL, NASCAR, NBA and MLB.
* They believe India will be huge for them long term.
* They believe their TV is more valuable than NASCAR, which gets six times as much money, because their viewer numbers are the same but NASCAR viewers are far more skewed over age 40.
* One year ago, WWE's data showed doing a network on the internet wasn't viable. Today they believe it is because of changing viewer habits.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/nlRTDJ
Dolph Ziggler On How He Felt With Lana Pairing, WWEShop Black Friday Sale, Weekend WWE Live Events
Former WWE NXT Creative Assistant Nails It In Rant About WWE's Product And Their Ratings Decline
Vince Russo's 'Nuclear Heat': Record Low RAW Rating, How To Fix RAW, Attitude Era Shows Being PG
Great Khali And Andre The Giant Biographies, Update On Khali's Wrestling School, Black Friday Sale
Brad Maddox Tweets After Release, WWE Star Feeds Homeless On Thanksgiving, Post-WrestleMania Tour
Bayley On Being The Last Of The Horsewomen In NXT, Randy Savage Inspiring Her Ring Gear, More
More On WWE Hall Of Famer Having Surgery, Survivor Series And RAW Attendance, RAW Vs. Grammys
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
WWE RAW Viewership Drops Under 3 Million
Backstage WWE WrestleMania 32 Notes On Sting, Triple H And John Cena Vs. The Undertaker
WWE Releases Brad Maddox Due To Promo At WWE TV Tapings
WWE Hall Of Famer Says He's Close To Becoming A Former Fan Of WWE