As noted, WWE NXT held their final show at the NXT/FCW Arena in Tampa last night. Here are some notes from the event:
* It was a packed house, most likely a sellout. One fan who regularly attends NXT live events couldn't remember seeing that many people in Tampa in months.
* Most of the roster signed autographs for fans around the ring before the show began.
* Norman Smiley kicked off the show and talked about his history in Tampa, starting with FCW and helping to train the future stars of RAW and SmackDown.
* Solomon Crowe, with his new hacker gimmick, is now making the lights go out mid-match, leading to a win. Last night as Kalisto was about to put him away, Crowe made the lights go out and when they came back on, he was already pinning Kalisto for the win.
* Santa Claus and some of his Diva helpers handed out gifts after intermission. Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore saved Santa from a verbal attack from Aiden English.
* Raquel Diaz, the former Shaul Guerrero, returned to the ring. She teamed with Sasha Banks and lost to the team of Bayley and Emma. Diaz ended up turning on Banks and smearing lipstick all over her face.
* Bo Dallas beat Billy Gunn in a No DQ match for the main event. They used many different weapons during the match that saw interference from The Ascension, Eugene, Adam Rose, Norman Smiley, Corey Graves, Bill DeMott and Byron Saxton.
* After the main event, Gunn cut a prom and thanked everyone for their support of WWE developmental. He brought Smiley back out, who introduced Steve Keirn and Terry Keirn, thanking them for everything they have done. Keirn was presented with a plaque. The roster came back out and surrounded the ring as Keirn spoke. He said Vince McMahon told him when FCW started that they wanted two people each year to be on the main roster but in six and a half years, over 100 people have came from FCW to make it to the main roster. Keirn thanked everyone, some by name, and that was it.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.