Had the pleasure of sitting second row for WWE's Hershey Live Event. I was a little surprised, the building was nearly full - only the highest section was not filled, and the crowd was electric, which made the event a lot more fun!
* Opening match saw the reunion of Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara teaming up to take on The Real Americans. Great back & forth match here and the crowd was really into all four guys. Mysterio & Sin Cara won when Sin Cara hit Cesaro with a top rope plancha. Great effort by all four wrestlers.
* Justin Gabriel defeated Tyson Kidd. They teased a Kidd heel turn at the end when Tyson refused to shake hands with Gabriel, but he eventually hugged him anyway.
* The crowd voted for Natalya VS. A.J. Lee to be a Divas Championship match instead of a Dance Off, but A.J. Lee refused to defend the title. After a good Divas match, Natalya won when A.J. submitted to the sharpshooter.
* The Big Show defeated Kane in a steel cage match. This match was a little slow and didn't have a lot of big spots. One highlight was Kane hitting a flying clothesline off the top rope, another being Big Show hitting a chokeslam off the second rope. Big Show knocked Kane out with the KO punch for the win.
* Los Matadores (with El Torito) defeated 3MB with Ricardo Rodriguez. The kids love Los Matadores. 3MB was a little ridiculous. Brad Maddox introduced them as "New Year's Babies" and McIntyre & Mahal came out wearing diapers. Rodriguez was wearing some kind of sumo suit with a diaper as well. McIntyre's diaper created a wardrobe malfunction - it didn't stay on through the whole match and he ended the match in his underwear. Kind of silly, but the kids really loved this match.
* Special Referee Booker T. was introduced for Dolph Ziggler VS. Alberto Del Rio. Man, Del Rio had nuclear heat with the Hershey crowd! While Del Rio was jaw-jacking with some rowdy fans, Ziggler was way over, and so was the referee Booker T. To everyone's delight, Ziggler won after Booker T gave Del Rio a scissors kick. Booker T then invited ring announcer Justin Roberts into the ring for a Happy Birthday song - and of course, spineroonie's, which he didn't do too bad a job of. Happy Birthday, Justin Roberts!
* Main Event: John Cena VS. Randy Orton. The crowd was really anti-Orton, and about 75%-25% in favor of John Cena. He received a lot of cheers, but there were pockets of fans who were booing for Cena - very few cheering Orton, though. Good match that saw Orton dominate, and using quite a few head locks. Cena eventually rebounded but Orton was disqualified when he low-blowed Cena. Cena then gave Orton the Attitude Adjustment and sent the kids home happy.
Overall - a very fun show, and the crowd loved it.
Match of the night: Dolph Ziggler VS. Alberto Del Rio. I was surprised, but this really stole the show! Honorable mention: Mysterio/Sin Cara VS. The Real Americans.
Worst Match of the night: Kane VS. Big Show steel cage match. Just not enough action, crowd wasn't really into it.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/EoemTh
WWE Edits Seth Rollins WrestleMania Curb Stomp, Mick Foley's Close Relationship With Divas, More
Former WWE Writer Reveals Justin Bieber Wanted To Wrestle At SummerSlam 2014
Former WWE Star Releasing Tell-All Book This Week
Big E Talks New Day Getting Over, Having "Uphill Battle" After First Xavier Woods Promo
Steve Austin - Dixie Carter Interview: Creative Summits, Getting Involved With TNA, Jeff Hardy, More
Triple H "Big Fan" Of New Day Member, Xavier Woods Wants To Run For Mayor, More On ESPN - WWE Doc
ESPN's Michelle Beadle On Why She Chose Now To Stop Supporting WWE
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Two Returns, Orton Vs. Reigns, Ambrose Vs. Rollins, More
More On Hulk Hogan Returning To The Ring At WrestleMania, Vince McMahon "Looking Forward To It"
Former WWE Superstar Caught Selling Unauthorized Photos Of Hulk Hogan?
CM Punk Responds To Angry Fan, Says He Hopes Rusev Wins His "I Quit" Match
Sami Zayn Injured On Last Night's WWE RAW