Curtis nails a big dropkick and knocks Big E out of the ring with a running knee. They go on. Ryback provides distraction but Big E still gets the win with The Big Ending.
Winner: Big E Langston
- We see Roddy Piper walking backstage. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Roddy Piper to a big pop. Piper hits the ring, which is set up for Piper's Pit, and the crowd chants his name big time. Piper says he was old school before old school was cool. The Shield's music interrupts and out comes United States Champion Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Ambrose rips on Piper and says he should be thankful The Shield wasn't around when he was. Piper says this is Piper's Pit, not Ambrose's Alley and gets in Ambrose's face. Piper says only one guy can match him on the mic and that is CM Punk. The crowd pops for Punk's name.
Piper repeats Punk's name as the fans chant it. Ambrose gets upset. Rollins calms him down. Rollins says there are no cracks in The Shield. He says Piper is jealous because Ambrose is a better US Champion than Piper ever was. Piper says they couldn't beat Punk and addresses Roman Reigns. Piper wonders if Reigns beats Punk tonight, does that make him better than the rest of The Shield. Piper tries to stir things up in the group. Reigns stands up and gets in Piper's face. Reigns says he's going to beat Punk tonight. He says if Piper ever touches him again, he will break Piper's old ass in half. They back Piper into the ropes when CM Punk's music hits. Punk and The New Age Outlaws hit the ring to make the save. Punk and The Outlaws clear the ring and celebrate with Piper.
- Still to come, Punk vs. Reigns in singles action.
Back from the break and out comes Sin Cara in new purple, white and gold gear. His opponent Alberto Del Rio is out next.
The bell rings and Del Rio unloads, beating Cara down to the mat. Cara's blue lighting is being used after it wasn't over the weekend. Cara with a quick roll up for 2. Cara with more offense and another roll up. Cara with more offense and counters on Del Rio. Del Rio counters with an arm drag and covers for a 2 count. Del Rio with more offense and another pin attempt before going to a headlock. Cara fights back but Del Rio throws him to the mat. Del Rio counters a tornado DDT but gets taken down by a springboard elbow. Cara with a 1 count.
Cara misses a splash from the top. Del Rio takes advantage and superkicks Cara in the face. Del Rio covers for the quick win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and says people should think of him when they talk about the Royal Rumble but everyone is talking about Batista. Del Rio says he will eliminate Batista at the Rumble and go on to win it.
- Voting is open on the WWE App for the special referee for Khali vs. Sandow. Back to commercial.
- Daniel Bryan is backstage with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. He says he came to this family to learn, to be transformed, he wanted to join. He says he can also teach because he's been a tag team champion. Bryan wants to team with Rowan or Harper next week. Bray Wyatt appears and says that won't be necessary because Bryan will be teaming with him.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/YowVkw
Paul Heyman Blasts Roman Reigns & Top WWE Superstars, Possible Match For Brock Lesnar In The Works?
Shinsuke Nakamura Reveals Why He Left NJPW For WWE
Edge Talks Once Exchanging Gear With The Undertaker At WrestleMania, Working With Hulk Hogan
Bruce Prichard Talks Arranging Sable's Playboy Deal
The Undertaker Discussion On The WWE Network, Interesting Ric Flair Live Q&A (Video), Dolph Ziggler
Jerry Jarrett Responds To Bruce Prichard About Being Brought In To Replace Vince McMahon In The 90s
Simon Gotch Reveals Who He'd Want To Feud With If He Returned To WWE, Talks CM Punk's UFC Career
NXT Superstar Injured And Requiring Surgery
Steve Austin Recalls Brian Pillman Givng Him One Of His Worst Beatings In The Ring
Backstage Updates On The Undertaker Working WWE SummerSlam
Enzo Amore On Who Was His Best Friend On The Road, Praises Two Top RAW Stars
WWE To Run A Major Indie Wrestling Event In 2019?
Eli Drake On Who Was Responsible For His WWE Firing
NXT Superstar Injured And Requiring Surgery
Jim Ross Has A Message For Big Cass: 'Don't Do Anything Stupid, Just Get Better'
Why The Bar Has Been Off WWE TV, Triple H Hypes WWE Network Specials (Video), Jeff Hardy Artwork