Curtis nails a big dropkick and knocks Big E out of the ring with a running knee. They go on. Ryback provides distraction but Big E still gets the win with The Big Ending.
Winner: Big E Langston
- We see Roddy Piper walking backstage. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Roddy Piper to a big pop. Piper hits the ring, which is set up for Piper's Pit, and the crowd chants his name big time. Piper says he was old school before old school was cool. The Shield's music interrupts and out comes United States Champion Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Ambrose rips on Piper and says he should be thankful The Shield wasn't around when he was. Piper says this is Piper's Pit, not Ambrose's Alley and gets in Ambrose's face. Piper says only one guy can match him on the mic and that is CM Punk. The crowd pops for Punk's name.
Piper repeats Punk's name as the fans chant it. Ambrose gets upset. Rollins calms him down. Rollins says there are no cracks in The Shield. He says Piper is jealous because Ambrose is a better US Champion than Piper ever was. Piper says they couldn't beat Punk and addresses Roman Reigns. Piper wonders if Reigns beats Punk tonight, does that make him better than the rest of The Shield. Piper tries to stir things up in the group. Reigns stands up and gets in Piper's face. Reigns says he's going to beat Punk tonight. He says if Piper ever touches him again, he will break Piper's old ass in half. They back Piper into the ropes when CM Punk's music hits. Punk and The New Age Outlaws hit the ring to make the save. Punk and The Outlaws clear the ring and celebrate with Piper.
- Still to come, Punk vs. Reigns in singles action.
Back from the break and out comes Sin Cara in new purple, white and gold gear. His opponent Alberto Del Rio is out next.
The bell rings and Del Rio unloads, beating Cara down to the mat. Cara's blue lighting is being used after it wasn't over the weekend. Cara with a quick roll up for 2. Cara with more offense and another roll up. Cara with more offense and counters on Del Rio. Del Rio counters with an arm drag and covers for a 2 count. Del Rio with more offense and another pin attempt before going to a headlock. Cara fights back but Del Rio throws him to the mat. Del Rio counters a tornado DDT but gets taken down by a springboard elbow. Cara with a 1 count.
Cara misses a splash from the top. Del Rio takes advantage and superkicks Cara in the face. Del Rio covers for the quick win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and says people should think of him when they talk about the Royal Rumble but everyone is talking about Batista. Del Rio says he will eliminate Batista at the Rumble and go on to win it.
- Voting is open on the WWE App for the special referee for Khali vs. Sandow. Back to commercial.
- Daniel Bryan is backstage with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. He says he came to this family to learn, to be transformed, he wanted to join. He says he can also teach because he's been a tag team champion. Bryan wants to team with Rowan or Harper next week. Bray Wyatt appears and says that won't be necessary because Bryan will be teaming with him.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/YowVkw
Taryn Terrell Talks Working With Ex-Husband Drew Galloway, Taz's Departure, Doing Stunt Work, More
Sound Off: Will Daniel Bryan Wrestle At "WWE Extreme Rules," What Will Happen With IC Title?
UFC 186 Preview: World Title Fight, Top 5 Women's Fight, Rampage Jackson, Michael Bisping In Action
DDP Talks His Favorite WWE Star Today, Idea He Pitched To Vince With The Rock, Sting At WrestleMania
UFC Superstar Georges St. Pierre Would "Really Enjoy" WWE Appearance, Sasha Banks - Mick Foley, More
WWE 2K15 Windows PC Game Out Next Week, Jim Duggan Note, Poor Review For 2K15 IOS Game
Ric Flair Featured In Rap Video, Hip Hop Stars And Their WWE Counterparts, More
Kevin Nash Says Undertaker Almost Joined WCW In 2000, Scott Hall Rips Chris Jericho, More
Triple H Talks About The Notion That He Buries People, Common Misconceptions In Wrestling
Backstage Update On Daniel Bryan Being Injured, Possibly Missing WWE's Payback Pay-Per-View
** SPOILERS ** WWE NXT Tapings Airing In April And May
WWE Releases Two NXT Wrestlers