- We noted over the weekend that The Big Show would be appearing at Carl Casper's Custom Auto Show at the Kentucky Exposition Center next month, which may cause him to miss the post-Elimination Chamber episode of Monday Night RAW. Big Show will actually be appearing at the Auto Show on the Friday before the pay-per-view, February 21st, from 6:45 pm - 9:45 pm. He is scheduled to be at RAW that Monday.
- For today only, you can take 20% off championship title belts at WWEShop.com by clicking here.
- WWE Chief Strategy & Financial Officer George A. Barrios will participate in the CJS Securities 14th Annual "New Ideas for the New Year" Investor Conference in New York City this Wednesday.
- Seeking Alpha has an article here about WWE's television rights with NBC Universal expiring.
- Speaking of which, Dave Meltzer noted on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required) that WWE will have "multiple suitors" when their deal with NBC Universal is up. He added that it could be a "huge story" based on who wants them, and that their rights fees are sure to go up.
- CNBC has a story at this link about how WWE stock is going to "belly flop." They also took a swipe at wrestling fans, writing, "Good news for 'professional' wrestling fans: No, it's not actually real. However, now you can enjoy wrestling 24 hours a day, seven days a week from the comfort of your parents' basement."
In the article, portfolio manager John Stephenson said that there's no where for the stock to go but down, and noted that the core business "is just deteriorating."
"You don't have enough young men looking at wrestling with its scripted program," said Stephenson. "You're looking at a model that's in decline and valuation is stupidly high."