Sources: The Morning Call

The Morning Call reports that a Lehigh County grand jury will investigate the death of Nancy L. Argentino, who was the girlfriend of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. Argentino passed away over thirty years ago on May 10, 1983, at the age of 23 due to head trauma.

"I'm kind of in, like, total shock," said Lorraine Salome of New York, Nancy's older sister. "This is something that should have happened 30-some-odd years ago. But at least it's happening now."

At the time of her death, Snuka returned from a WWF taping to his hotel room and saw Argentino gasping for air with yellow fluid coming out of her mouth and nose. He called the front desk and Argentino was rushed to the hospital, where she died after doctors were unable to save her life. The case was never solved, and her autopsy report has been refused to be released by the Lehigh County district attorney's office.

"I think it's important to have a grand jury take a look at it and we'll see what they think," District Attorney Jim Martin said today.

Snuka wrote in his autobiography that the incident ruined his life, and said that if he was guilty of anything, it was cheating on his wife. He claimed to have never threatened or hit Argentino.

Snuka claims that Argentino fell backwards and hit her head on the road while going to the bathroom on the side of a highway, which resulted in a bad concussion. He told the same story to Sam Roberts earlier last year, which you can watch in the video above.

However, he told the responding officer that he had pushed her and she fell and hit her head while they were fooling around outside the hotel room door. Two emergency room employees told police that Snuka said that she fell and hit her head after he pushed her during an argument.

The Morning Call ran a story last summer after the 30th anniversary of the death and noted that in June of 1983, Snuka and Vince McMahon - who was said to be completely cooperative with police during the investigation - met with the assistant district attorney, the medical examiner and detectives. According to the assistant district attorney, McMahon did all the talking, but noted that he couldn't remember any specifics of the meeting. Snuka wrote in his book that the only thing he remembered was that McMahon had a briefcase with him, and that he doesn't "know what happened." After that meeting, the article noted that there is no record of police interviewing Snuka ever again.

Follow Raj Giri on Twitter at @RajGiri_303. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.