From Jason Grimm ( @GrimmsonMask ):
The following are the results of today's WWE Live event in Kansas City. The event took place at 1pm CST due to the Super Bowl being at 5:30pm. The show lasted a little over 2 1/2 hours and was about 3/4 full. The floor and cheap seats were completely full, but the mid-level seats (which is what my girlfriend and I had) were about 1/2 full.
Here are the results:
- Randy Orton came out first, saying that he injured John Cena's eye last night in Orlando and that he won't be there today, even though he was advertised for it. He said that anyone who wants a refund because of him not being there can get one at the box office before the second match, which makes me believe that he was telling the truth, but Cena was probably just getting his eye checked out instead of doing the house show and I'm willing to bet we'll see him on RAW.
Daniel Bryan comes out, saying that Orton needs an opponent for the night then, and Bryan challenges Orton to a cage match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Orton tries to sucker punch him, but Bryan gets the better of him, dropkicks him out of the ring, grabs the belts, and starts the YES! chant.
* Big E Langston & Mark Henry def. Curtis Axel & Ryback via pinfall. Axel & Ryback worked Big E over through most of the match, though Big E got the upper hand a couple of times. Mark Henry got the hot tag at the end and ran through Axel & Ryback in the last couple of minutes and winning with the pin.
* Alexander Rusev def. Zack Ryder via submission. There was about a 3 minute long video introducing Alexander Rusev to the crowd, before his music hit and he came out (without Lana). Rusev dominated in the beginning of the match, until he got distracted by a USA! chant, where Ryder took over with a nice offensive. In the end, Rusev was able to finish Ryder with the camel clutch.
There was a text to vote for the type of match that Tamina & Natayla would have between a Diva's match or a Diva danceoff. The Diva's match won by a close 53% to 47%.
* Natalya def. Tamina via submission. Not a bad match. Tamina ripped up the sign of a guy in the first row, who was an obvious plant, because he had several signs in a bag to bring out in appropriate times and interacted with a lot of the wrestlers before, during, and after the matches. Emma was also in the front row and Tamina confronted her, tossing her #EMMAtaining sign. Natalya ended up winning with the Sharpshooter.
* Bray Wyatt def. The Miz via pinfall. This was another good match. Both Bray and Miz looked good. As someone who is not a big Miz fan, I was impressed with his ringwork. Bray wins after he hits Sister Abigail on the Miz and the pinfall.
After Intermission, Damien Sandow comes out to a plethora of boos and he tells everyone to "Shut up!" and that he's going back to the back, restarting his music, and when he comes out, he expects a bigger applause. When he came back out, people were standing and booing louder. I love Sandow, dude's awesome!
Short URL: http://winc.cc/nBZ90L
Bret Hart Reacts To "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's Death
New Details Revealed On WWE DVD Projects For Owen Hart And The Undertaker
Vince McMahon's Favorite WWE Tough Enough Competitor, More On WWE Wanting ZZ Gone
Undertaker Rumor Killer, Early Brock Lesnar Vs. Undertaker Betting Odds, Mascot No-Sells Kevin Nash
Video: WWE's Scott Stanford And "Mean" Gene Okerlund Remember "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Robert Gibson Talks Training Cody Rhodes, Being Underpaid In The NWA, Teaming With Dusty Rhodes
How Alicia Fox's Concussion Happened, WWE Officials Impressed With AAA Star, RAW Attendance
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
WWE Officials Reportedly Want Tough Enough Competitor To Be Eliminated Next Tuesday
Backstage Update On Sting And WWE SummerSlam, Why WWE Wanted Sting On Roman Reigns' Team, More
John Cena Undergoes Surgery, Why Match Was Nixed On WWE SmackDown