- Speaking of Sonnen, he commented on the Nevada State Athletic Commission voting unanimously to ban therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy earlier this week. Sonnen, who has been granted a TUE for the use of TRT in the past, told FOX Sports Live, "That's it, it was legal, so quit complaining. [Now] it's illegal. That's it. Quit complaining. End of conversation. Testosterone's out."
- Following the NSAC's ruling, UFC announced that top UFC middleweight contender Vitor Belfort pulled out of his planned title fight with UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman at UFC 173. The statement noted that he needed an extended period of time to become licensed in the state of Nevada. Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida will now face Weidman in the main event of UFC 173 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 24. Belfort issued the following statement on his Instagram, but denied that he withdrew from the fight. He wrote:
"I want to apologize to all my fans that have been let down by the news of me not competing in the title fight against Chris Weidman. I wanted nothing more than to go and compete for the belt. As you all know, I have been doing a legal treatment approved by every commission I fight under called TRT for a health deficiency that I have. As of yesterday the Nevada commission banned the use of TRT. I am not exempt from the rules. I respect the Commission's ruling, and have dropped my TRT program as of yesterday. My body wouldn't have had enough time to acclimate and I wouldn't be able to meet the new requirements of the commission swiftly enough to be licensed for the main bout and permit the UFC sufficient time to promote it. I am prepared to fight for the championship belt without my TRT program. I look forward to competing under the new set of regulations. I want to thank all my fans, the UFC, and all the commissions for their unwavering support and I will come back stronger than ever! I'm waiting for the winner."
- Following the NSAC's ruling, the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission, The Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA), announced that they would be following the NSAC's decision and ban the use of TRT. Dan Henderson was granted a TUE before the ruling for his fight later this month against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, so the ban will not affect him. However, no further TUEs will be granted by the commission.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/3xE4GC
Serena Talks About Showing Up On TNA, New TNA Breakdown Video, TNA Stars On Last Meal
Bray Wyatt's Sister Reportedly Gets A WWE Tryout
Lucha Underground, Live Coverage And Your Feedback
WWE NXT Live Viewing Party
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Says He'd Be Interested In WWE
Famous Wrestling School Makes Unique Offer To Tough Enough Contestants
WWE Diva Announces Her Retirement