It was a great show with a fun atmosphere, the arena it was roughly 85-90% full. Pretty good crowd for a snowstorm raging outside. They were pretty loud all night, at least for the main matches.
* The first match was Dolph Ziggler vs. Damian Sandow. Ziggler was the first out to the ring and he was greeted with a big pop. Fans really seemed into him, he got the third or fourth biggest pop of the night. It was a fun, fast-paced match that Ziggler won with the Zig Zag. Sandow played the heel role perfectly and was eating up the boos (there were a lot of them). My voice was gone by the end of the match, which was a good sign to how the night was going to go.
* The second match of the night was Zack Ryder va. Alexander Rusev. No Lana at ringside. Russev looked strong from the start. Ryder got in his moves and a "Woo Woo Woo" before Russev got the win. with the Camel Clutch. He cut a typical foreign heel promo and the crowd chanted "USA!" at him. He pretty much dismantled Ryder.
* WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee vs. Natalya was up next. Per AJ, due to her friendship with Vickie Guerrero, this announced Diva's Title Match was turned into a non-title bout. Tamina was ringside and she did a good job interacting with the fans. Crowd was surprisingly quiet for most of the match. I think the crowd couldn't remember if they should cheer or boo AJ. A "CM Punk" chant broke out at the beginning of the match and AJ responded well, playing up her sadness with the audience which endeared her even more to the smarks. The chants didn't last long, and they were the only "CM Punk" chants of the night. It's hard to not appreciate a match with Nattie, because it's so easy to tell that she loves what she does. Natalya won with the Sharpshooter in a decent match.
* The fourth match (and the best match of the night, I thought) was the Usos and Sheamus vs. the Wyatts. Sheamus and Bray were both golden in the match. Sheamus came out to a huge pop. Very good match with a mix of everything. There was a fun comedy spot where Sheamus was tagged in and took out Rowan then went after Harper on the apron and Bray jumped off the apron and hid. A bit out of character for him, but it worked really well. Sheamus pinned Rowan after hitting the Brogue Kick. Again, this was an excellent match that went probably twenty minutes. Afterwards, Sheamus greeted and signed autographs with EVERYONE at ringside. He did a really good job playing to the crowd and seemed happy to be there.
* R-Truth emceed a dance-off between Xavier Woods and Jinder Mahal. Woods wins, obviously. Then Mahal challenges Truth to a match. Crowd was into the dance-off. The match had it's moments, but wasn't spectacular. Truth with the win. Afterwards, Woods gets announcer Tony Chimel in the ring to dance with him.
* Next was Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins (w/ Dean Ambrose) vs. Kofi Kingston and The Big Show. The Shield came through the crowd, which was really cool. Big pop for Big Show. He's such a pro. Has the crowd in the palm of his hands as a face. Cedar Rapids is close to where Rollins grew up, so I think they tried to give him a moment for the crowd to cheer/acknowledge their home-state guy, but unfortunately I don't think enough realized he was actually from Iowa to generate any sort of noticeable reaction. Similar to previous match where the heels kept the weaker face (Kofi) in their corner for a long time before the fan favorite (in this case, Big Show) was able to tag in and clean house. Big Show pinned Rollins with the choke slam. There was a lot of tension between Ambrose and Reigns the whole time, which led to the finish. Ambrose plays the unhinged crazy guy very well. The crowd really enjoyed this match.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/OLnOCM
More On Filming At The WWE Performance Center, Paige Calls Out Airline, Dudleyz - TNA Roster
Chris Jericho Talks Telling Vince McMahon He Would Punch Him, Possibly Working WWE WrestleMania 32
TNA Star Turns Down Booking For Indie Event, Backstage News On Mahabali Shera, Attendance
WWE Signing Another Tough Enough Star?, NXT Tag Team Getting Push, WWE And NXT Attendance
Rock - Rikishi Angle Profiled, King Barrett Talks New Movie, Kelly Kelly - Cameron, Hideo Itami
Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, JR, Lana And Other WWE Stars React To NXT "Takeover: Respect" Iron Man Match
Bubba Dudley On Finn Balor And Samoa Joe's Win, Dana Brooke Forgets Asuka Loss, WWE Star Turns 35
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
Backstage Note On Matt Hardy Vacating The TNA World Heavyweight Title
Matt Hardy Vacates TNA World Heavyweight Championship
WWE NXT "Takeover: Respect" Results - Iron Man Match, Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, Asuka, More
Backstage News On The Rock And The Undertaker Working More With WWE This Year