Jim Ross Blog: Last Night's RAW, CM Punk's Ship About To Sail?, Bearer, Robinson, More
Source: JR's BBQWWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR's BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
- Wonderful to hear that my old pal Paul Bearer also known as Percy Pringle was announced in Chicago as going into this year's class of the WWE Hall of Fame. Very deserving honor and another product of the territory system to be honored. The loyal, Alabama football and George Jones fan will be smiling down from Heaven when he's honored in NOLA.
- Condolences to the family, friends and fans of the UK's Billy Robinson who passed away this week at the age of 74. Mr. Robinson was well known as one of the legit tough guys in the business and was the foremost expert in "Catch Wrestling" in the world. His work that can be found on You Tube is simply amazing.
- Enjoyed many aspects of RAW Monday night. No Punk. No hijacking. The WWE folks steered the course just as I had suggested here and at on my show in NYC Saturday night. Seems like many in the IWC (Internet Wrestling Community) were pulling for a disruptive show and I'm pleased that did not occur.
- Liked that the villains kept the heat turned up on Daniel Bryan who was featured prominently on RAW. So prominently, in fact, that it might actually quiet some vocal fans who, based on some tweets I've received @JRsBBQ and some emails here, don't know as much about building a story line as they would like to believe that they do.
I still believe that Daniel Bryan will walk away from WM30 as one of the primary stars of the event in the Super Dome. Don't bet against DB stealing the show in the Big Easy.
- As Steve Austin said on my podcast, the Ross Report, which drops later today and officially on Wednesday, I'd still not rule out CM Punk's return to WWE in time for a WrestleMania match but my gut feeling is that ship is about to sail. Perhaps it already has.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://winc.cc/kzScWy