- A rematch between Alexander Gustafsson and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is one step closer to becoming a reality after Gustafsson scored a second-round TKO victory over Jimi Manuwa at UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa today. Gustafsson stunned Manuwa in the second round with a knee after Manuwa attempted a takedown. Gustafsson followed with another knee and some big punches to end the fight. With the victory, Gustafsson is in line to face the winner of the Jones - Glover Teixeira fight in April.
"Jon Jones, I want my title shot again," Gustafsson said after the fight. "I'm right here, whenever you want."
Gustafsson and Jones battled in a "Fight of the Year" candidate last September, with Jones eeking out a controversial unanimous decision victory.
- Gustafsson earned two bonuses for his victory tonight, sharing "Fight of the Night" honors with Manuwa while also taking home a "Performance of the Night" bonus. Gunnar Nelson earned the other "Performance of the Night" bonus for his first-round submission over Omari Akhmedov. Each bonus was $50,000, so Gustafsson took home $100,000 in just bonus money.
- It was announced at the event's post-fight press conference that the show drew 14,604 fans for a live gate of $2,000,056.
- UFC Fight Night: London was available on UFC Fight Pass, which as of this week, is now available around the world. The UFC announced earlier this week that fans in 178 countries and territories across the globe will now be able to access UFC's network featuring live fights, original programming and unlimited access to the company's fight library.
- Here are full results for today's event:
* Alexander Gustafsson defeated Jimi Manuwa via TKO (knee, punches) at 1:18 of Round 2
* Michael Johnson defeated Melvin Guillard via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
* Brad Pickett defeated Neil Seery via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
* Gunnar Nelson defeated Omari Akhmedov via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:36 of Round 1
* Ilir Latifi defeated Cyrille Diabate via submission at 3:02 of Round 1
* Luke Barnatt defeated Mats Nilsson via TKO (strikes) at 4:24 of Round 1
* Claudio Henrique da Silva defeated Brad Scott via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Igor Araujo defeated Danny Mitchell via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Louis Gaudinot defeated Phil Harris via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:13 of Round 1