Dana White Talks Gina Carano To UFC, Nick Diaz Turning Down Fight, End Of Big Nog's Career

- UFC president Dana White hasn't held a pubic media scrum since last month at UFC 171, so the media had plenty of questions to ask him following Wednesday night's The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale from Canada. You can view the entire interview with White in the video above.

White was asked about the recent comments made by both Nick and Nate Diaz concerning their fighting futures inside the Octagon. Nick Diaz announced his retirement after a loss to Georges St-Pierre, while Nate Diaz has asked to be released because he doesn't feel he is being paid properly.

"This is one of those situations that is going to be a sad story in a few years," White said. "What people don't realize when you're in the moment and your time is now, guys don't realize until it's over. You will never make that kind of money again for the rest of your life.

"You should fight as much as you can, get as popular as you can and get as much money as you can."

White offered Hector Lombard to Nick Diaz, who in turn asked to be paid $500,000 to return to action and given an immediate title shot. The boss has no plans to make those things happen, and isn't even sure he could get Diaz on the phone again.

"I talked to Nick. I offered him the (Hector) Lombard fight. He said he was interested, then he disappears," White said. "You can't contact him again. Life goes on. The world moves on without you."

- In other retired-fighter news, Gina Carano and White had their planned meeting to discuss a return to fighting. While no contract was worked out, the two sides had a good discussion.

"Gina and I had a good meeting," White said. "I'm very confident that she does want to come back and she does want to fight. We do not have a deal."

Carano (7-1) hasn't competed since a 2009 loss to Cris "Cyborg" Justino. She left the sport and ventured into the Hollywood life, starring in a handful of movies. However, Carano recently stated the desire to fight again has returned, and even UFC female bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was willing to give her an immediate title shot.

Rousey, who has lined up several movie roles herself, is scheduled to face Alexis Davis in the co-main event of UFC 175 this July from Las Vegas.

- Last Friday, former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira suffered a first round knockout loss to Roy Nelson at UFC Fight Night 39. The defeat dropped "Minotauro" to 5-5 inside the Octagon, and White hopes his record stays that way.

"I don't want to see Nogueira fight ever again," he stated. "He should retire. Out of respect for Nogueira, I didn't want to say anything until he said something publicly (regarding his future)."

Nogueira's camp has stated a desire to meet fellow former UFC champion Frank Mir for a third time. Mir holds two wins over the 37-year-old, but is coming off four straight losses.

"He came out and said he wants to fight Frank. He is a war-horse. He is one of the most respected fighters in the world and I like him very much," White said. "But now I'm going to say (to him), 'I love you, but I'd love you to never fight again."

Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.

Short URL: http://goo.gl/uHRfia

« Previous Headline | Comment | Main | Next Headline »

WrestlingInc.com is the largest independently owned wrestling website in the world (Source: Alexa). Become a fan on Facebook, follow us (@WrestlingInc) on Twitter:

RECENT HEADLINES

»

MOST POPULAR

WRESTLING INC. POLL

»
What did you think of this week's Impact Wrestling?
A great show!
Better than average
It was okay
Didn't like it
Didn't watch it