Anderson Silva Cleared To Train, Big UFC Main Event Is Off, Nate Diaz Blasts Former Opponent

- Nate Diaz doesn't want to hear excuses from Josh Thomson for his Twitter-flap. Thomson's account posted a message over the weekend that stated he was calling out Nick Diaz for a fight after he "knocked out your brother." Thomson latest stated that he hadn't sent out the tweet and that his phone was stolen.

Nate, the brother of Nick, responded with his own post on Twitter, writing, "You got drunk talked a bunch of stupid (expletive) when you woke up you panicked an back-peddled."

Nick Diaz announced his retirement after a loss to Georges St-Pierre, and has turned down several fight offers by the UFC. Thomson, coming off a loss to Benson Henderson via decision, replied to the remarks by Nate Diaz by saying, "I apologized out of respect for you and brother, if it's not appreciated, honestly, I don't give a crap what you believe."

- Ed Soares, the manager for former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, told MMAjunkie.com that "The Spider" has been cleared to return to training MMA. Silva broke his leg last December when Chris Weidman checked a kick.

"We've talked with the UFC, and we'll see what they come up with," said Soares, when asked when Silva might fight again.

Silva (33-6) has lost his last two - both two Weidman - after setting a UFC record with 16 straight wins. His 2,457-day title reign remains the longest in promotion history.

Many, though, wondered if Silva would be able to return from such a devastating injury. The 39-year-old has kept fans up-to-date on his progress, posting numerous videos and messages on social media sites.

- Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos has suffered a hand injury and will not be able to meet Stipe Miocic later this month at The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale. The UFC confirmed the news, which was first reported by Combate.

Dos Santos (16-3) was looking to get back into the win column after a 2013 loss to Cain Velasquez for the UFC heavyweight title. Two of his three career losses have come to Velasquez. "Cigano" is expected to miss several weeks of training with the injury.

So far, the UFC has yet to announce plans for Miocic (11-1) or the main event role at the May 31 card from Sao Paulo. Miocic posted on Twitter that he is "bummed about the news. Wishing dos Santos a quick recovery. Not sure where things stand, but whatever the UFC wants me to do I'm game."

Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.

Short URL: http://goo.gl/xrJ4YY

« Previous Headline | Comment | Main | Next Headline »

WrestlingInc.com is the largest independently owned wrestling website in the world (Source: Alexa). Follow us (@WrestlingInc) on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook: