WWE Looking To Acquire Several Canadian Wrestling Tape Libraries Soon?
Source: PWInsider- It appears WWE may be looking to acquire some Canadian wrestling tape libraries. They issued a survey to fans in Canada today to gauge their interest on various programming when the WWE Network launches in Canada. WWE asked if fans would be seeing footage from these promotions:
* Stampede Wrestling (Calgary, Alberta): 1948-1989
* Grand Prix Wrestling (Montreal, Quebec): 1971-1975
* Border City Wrestling (Windsor, Ontario): 1993-Present
* ASW - All Star Wrestling (Montreal, Quebec): 1967-1975
* Northern Championship Wrestling (Montreal, Quebec): 1986 - Present
* Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling: (Moncton, New Brunswick) 1960s-1986
* NWA All Star Wrestling (Vancouver, British Columbia): 1960s-1989
* ECCW - Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling (Vancouver, BC): 1996-Present
* Maximum Pro Wrestling (Windsor and Toronto, Ontario): 2010-Present
Border City Wrestling owner Scott D'Amore acquired parts of the Grand Prix Wrestling tape library earlier this year. WWE currently owns the Stampede Wrestling library except for any matches with Bret Hart as he acquired the rights to those a while back. WWE would have to license that footage from Bret if they wanted to use it.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Short URL: http://goo.gl/XpbON5