- As noted last week, former RAW GM Brad Maddox has been creating his own version of The Blair Witch Project on his YouTube channel. Last Tuesday Maddox posted this video saying that he was stuck in a cave and asking fans to contact emergency services. Maddox must have one hell of a cell phone battery, as he posted the video above tonight claiming to still be stuck in the cave and thanking the fans. He also asked for someone to tell his mom that he loves her.
- Forbes has published their list of the world's most powerful celebrities. With $52 million in earnings as of June 2014, The Rock made the list at #23, two slots higher than last year. The article noted that The Rock is branching into television, and will be producing and starring in the HBO comedy, Ballers.
- Speaking of last Saturday's live event in Bangor, WrestlingINC.com reader M. Bennett Marshall sent us this report for the show:
The building was 80% full. Before the first match the lights went out, two dark figures were led to the ring and they quickly disappeared under it.
* R Truth vs. Titus O'Neil was up first. Truth won. He added "Bangor Maine" to his "What's Up!" live into music and the crowd loved it. After the match, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan came from under the ring and attacked R-Truth. Luke grabbed the mic and cut a promo on the Usos.
* Nikki Bella & Divas Champion Paige defeated Alicia Fox & Rosa Mendes in a Divas tag team match. Of course Alicia went crazy, grabbed some guy's popcorn, threw it and chased Justin Roberts around the ring. Funny, I met her when she arrived at the venue and she was a lovely young lady, she signed autographs and took lots of photos with the fans.
An ad ran for the Conner Fund, about the young boy who passed away from cancer earlier this year. When it was over, Justin Roberts wiped away a tear before telling the crowd how to donate to the cause.
* WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos defeated Erick Rowan & Luke Harper with a roll up on Erick Rowan. Don't ask me which Uso got the pin, I can't tell. On the way to the ring, the brothers were attacked from behind by Rowan & Harper.
* The Great Khali vs. Damien Sandow: The voting was 70% / 30% in favor of a match. Khali won with a chop to the head. I saw The Great Khali a few years back taking on Batista, he looked like he had some trouble walking tonight, more than I remember from the Batista match.
* Rusev defeated Big E via submission. Good match. Throughout they battled with the American and Russian flags. Lana did her bit at the beginning with her pro-Putin talk and bashing America. There were chants of USA during the match. Oh, and Lana is every bit as beautiful in person.
* Main Event: John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt in a "Bangor" Street Fight: Winner? John Cena with an AA through a table. This was a good match, Erick and Luke came to the ring and soon it was a three on one match. The Usos came out and they fought Erick and Luke all the way to the back, they weren't heard from again. Cena took a couple of chair shots to the stomach and one to the back, and at one point Bray speared Cena through a table Cena had set up in the corner of the ring earlier. The match went into the crowd much to the delight to the young lad to my left who began shouting at the top of his lungs, "Cena's in the crowd! Cena is IN THE CROWD!!" The match came back down the ramp where Cena was slammed into the steel steps. Those steps ended up in the ring where Cena was DDT'd on them. While he was out, Wyatt grabbed the mic and proceeded to taunt the crowd and said he planned to smash Cena's skull in with the mic, which he did, and broke the microphone. No more taunting after that. At one point Cena went for the Five Knuckle Shuffle only to turn and find Wyatt in his all fours upside down pose, Cena yelled and backed into the corner. The match ended with Cena doing his AA on Bray through a second table. This was a good match and the crowd was on their feet the whole time.
Personal Note: This was the first WWE event at the Cross Insurance Center, it was great to see a ramp, a back screen and two video monitors on either side, almost like a mini RAW to be honest. The crowd was loud from start to finish, we love our wrestling up here. I know a lot of the Superstars stop at the Dysart's Truck Stop after the show. I intended to go, but I'm old, I'll leave that for the kids. Good time, lots of good talk amongst fans as we watched the stars pull in, lots of laughs and swapping stories.