- Tonight's episode of WWE Main Event opens up with pyro from the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton welcome us. They talk about Stephanie McMahon being arrested on RAW and will recap it later. Rusev vs. Jack Swagger will also take place tonight.
Seth Rollins vs. Fandango
They lock up and go at it. Fandango nails a dropkick and sends Rollins out to the floor. Rollin cnotrols most of the match and gets the win with the curb stomp.
Winner: Seth Rollins
- We get a replay of Brock Lesnar's return on RAW.
- We see WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos backstage before going to commercial.
Jey Uso vs. Ryback
They lock up and go at it. Back and forth to start. Uso gets the crowd hype and Ryback mouths off. Uso rocks him and they trade shots. Ryback takes control and Jey goes to the floor for a breather. Uso comes back in and Ryback keeps control. Ryback stomps away as Axel taunts Uso from ringside. Ryback with another slam and a 2 count. Ryback nails a spinebuster and looks to be going for the win but Uso hits a Samoan Drop and the Rikishi splash in the corner. Axel gets on the apron and Jimmy takes him out. Ryback nails the Meathook clothesline for the win.
Winner: Jey Uso
- Still to come, Rusev vs. Swagger.
Back from the break and Titus waits with Slater. Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston are out next. Xavier tells them to take it. Kofi starts off with Titus and plays more of a heel than usual. They go at it and brawl in the corner. Titus with a pair of backbreakers. Titus tosses Kofi across the ring and barks. Slater comes in but Kofi fights them both off. Slater stops a tag and tags in Titus. They have words, allowing Kofi to make the tag to Big E. E runs over Titus and decks Slater. Big E keeps up the attack. Kofi takes out Slater. Big E tags Kofi, drops Titus over his knee and Kofi leaps off the top with a stomp for a new double team move. They do the same move to Slater. Big E stacks Slater on Titus and covers for the win.
Winners: Big E and Kofi Kingston
- Xavier comes in to pose with them after the match.
- We get a look back at Rusev vs. Swagger at Battleground. Renee Young is backstage with Zeb Colter and Swagger now. Zeb cuts a promo on tonight's match.
- We get a look back at Stephanie McMahon's arrest on RAW.
- Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil are backstage with Renee again. Titus calls Heath dead weight and tells him to stay away.
Rusev vs. Jack Swagger
We go to the ring and out comes Lana and Rusev. Lana cuts another anti-American promo.
We come back and Jack Swagger makes his way out with Zeb Colter. Back and forth to start. Rusev takes Swagger to the corner and works him over. Rusev is still limping from Battleground. Swagger comes back and tosses Rusev over the top. Fans chant USA as Rusev takes a breather on the floor. We go to commercials.
Back from the break and Rusev is in control. Rusev works on Swagger's back and headbutts him out of the ring. Rusev follows and slams Swagger's head into the barrier. Rusev slams him into the apron and the steel steps at the 5 count. Fans chant USA as Rusev rolls him back in the ring. Swagger tries to make a comeback but Rusev floors him again. Rusev talks trash and stomps on Swagger's head.
Swagger tries for another comeback but Rusev slams him to the mat. Fans chant "we the people" now as Rusev keeps Swagger on the mat. Swagger comes back and gets a close 2 count. Rusev blocks the Swagger Bomb but Swagger turns that into a Patriot Lock. Rusev makes it to the ropes, breaks the hold and slides out to the floor. Swagger comes out and get the Patriot Lock applied on the floor. Rusev kicks him off. Rusev strikes Swagger with the Russian flag for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Jack Swagger
- After the match, fans boo as Rusev follows Swagger in the ring with the flag. Zeb grabs the flag and pulls it away. Rusev turns around to a big boot from Swagger. Lana has taken the flag from Zeb. Swagger waves the American flag in the ring with Zeb as Lana and Rusev look on from the entrance. Main Event goes off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.