Reports On Ric Flair's Role As Special Referee, Daniel Bryan Note, Recent WWE Attendance
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter- Ric Flair did not get positive reviews for his role as a special referee for Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton matches at WWE live events last weekend. We noted from our correspondent that Flair "kind of hung out on the ropes" and shouldn't have been there. Other fans noted that Flair was slow in getting down for the counts.
- Daniel Bryan was being advertised on the radio this past week for WWE's August 15th live event in Reno but that was likely a miscommunication with marketing as Bryan was referred to as WWE Champion.
- Below are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* July 25th in Tulsa drew 6,000 fans
* July 26th in Oklahoma City drew 3,000 fans
* July 26th in Edmonton drew 5,500 fans
* July 27th in Dallas drew 6,200 fans
* July 27th in Calgary drew 3,700 fans
* July 28th in Houston for RAW drew 11,000, announced by WWE as 14,613
Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.